4 months in

Disgruntled

4 months from diagnosis type 2. I have lost 3 stone in weight. am soooo happy :lol: another bonus, don't need to clothes shop for a while. I had the good sense to put all my smaller size clothes away, and I have lots of lovely new tops sent by my lovely sis in law for xmas n birthdays. so I've got lots of new stuff to wear too.

Had a wee blip last week bg's were creeping up, didn't know why, tried cutting out certain foods but have now put them back in and bgs still low. so that's great. seems to be stress levels caused them to go up, thankfully it wasn't to much but at least I know what it was and can do something about it whenever I get stressed. I'm gona put the old fella in the shed :twisted:

My blood pressure was up quite a lot too but just while I was at drs. it was 156 over 85 at drs but did it at home and it had gone down to 124 over 80. again I think it was stress as we had just had a moment.
so all in all A successful 4 months me thinks. :thumbup:

blothom

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness, ignorance, racism, intolerance and butter beans
Hi Disgruntled, know what you mean about the "moments"! Gotta love them, cos you're not allowed to kill them, right? :lol: Seriously, stress is one of the worst for affecting your bg's. Even my husband has begun to realise how it affects me, as he is always checking in my bg diary, as I am fighting to bring mine down from 27 (yes, 27) to a more acceptable level. Although type 2, I am now on insulin, and after 4 weeks of writing down every bite of food I have, I have just had a whole day of bg's under 10! No moments this weekend, obviously. Make sure your other half realises how your levels are affected by the other things in your life, not just food. Mine now apologises much quicker, and will ask if "that spike" was his fault! :oops: (Have to admit, it's 50/50 my fault) Thank god my blood pressure is fine, one less thing to worry about! And well done on the weight loss, that's fantastic, 3 stone! Whoop whoop :thumbup:

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Gotta love them, cos you're not allowed to kill them, right? :shock:

ewwww ok if thats how you feel im going to be nice when i get home

Disgruntled, Very well done on your successes :) only you will have to change your name now :)

Disgruntled

Thanks ladies :D still losing another 5lbs off. 10 inches off waist. 6 inches off chest & 7 inches off hips.
Aye he knows the stress puts bg's up. he cana help how things are just now bless him. things are just stressful, he's getting over 2 strokes. and just now he's laid up with a trapped nerve in his spine.

Things will hopefully get back to some normality soon. in the meantime I will have to try harder not to get stressed.
the name was changed to disgruntled because I was having trouble getting on for weeks so I re registered with the new name.

hope you're as well as you can be xx

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sounds like you're getting on very well disgruntled, perhaps you need to change your name back again?

Hope your other half is recovering well, I've seen plenty of people recover well if they have the mind set and put in the hard work, just like most things.

Disgruntled

Elydave. aye he's doing really well the dr's were amazed how well he's doing. just a few emotions and a touch of confusion occasionally to get in control and he'll be fine. He's worked ever so hard to recover I'm so proud of him. he always was a strong willed man so I knew he'd get over it in time, and he will.

WOOOOOW 70 mile marathon ye gads thats a lot of miles. good luck with it. :thumbup: :thumbup: