Eye screening

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Went to my first eye screening yesterday,the optician said I got some pressure in one eye,and to have a eye test in a month when my diabetes settles down,a bit worried and hating the month wait
Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

saloplass

Re: Eye screening -

I too have just had my Diabetic Retinopathy Screening Test - after being told I am 'borderline' for the last ten years or so :?:
I changed my GP and this year a HbA1c was carried out - and yes I am diabetic. The consultant who carried out my eye test showed me on his screen the damage that has already taken place behind my one eye! In his considered opinion I have had this disease for at the very least five years. So, please beware of anyone who tells you that you are 'borderline'. My mother was misdiagnosed as well - she was told she had leukeamia! Three times - which it turns out was sugar diabetes - which she had for a minimum of 15 years when we saw a consultant privately. This is all wrong - I have even had to purchase my monitor - needles etc - because my surgery tells me I have no need to monitor! Thank goodness for Diabetes.co.uk.

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
just had results,everything ok,no diabetes changes to my eyes,only have to worry about pressure in the one eye

little pet

I too have just had my first eye screening and have been told that I already have some retinopathy in both eyes. The guy reckons I've had the disease for quite some time before being diagnosed. I've also had a leg ulcer, and some neuropathy. What is going on!!!!!!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I have recently had my first eye screening. The doctor said I possibly have a damaged optic nerve and need to come back but the diabetes test is fine.
I was also misdiagnosed and have this disease for about 3 years where they misread all the signs and symptoms as did I.
There are more and more people with our problem that one realises.