How many eggs do you eat per week?

CantThinkOfAUsername

Giverny said:
I'm currently on a keto diet, so I eat 1 or 2 eggs with bacon every morning for breakfast. Nom nom nom!
That sounds like what I am about to try.

I haven't eaten eggs in about 20+ years but purchased a large box (15) of them last night. Along with bacon, chicken, pollock and cod because I am about to go carb free as soon as I can ween myself off all the carb foods. Then I will be able to try out my big new De Buyer frying pan using coconut oil as the cooking fat. I am hoping to put on some lean muscle mass because I have lost a fair bit over recent years.

I have reasons for getting off carbs which are not directly diabetic related.

Superchip

Dislikes
GP's, Diabetes Nurses.Crazy NHS guidelines on diet for Diabetics, they are seeing off millions.
Cheap Whisky !
elc 1112, sorry for a tardy reply to your question.

The reason I like to keep my cholesterol up at 7% + is that I trully believe that at the age of 62 I will live longer with a higher level.
There is much discussion on this subject at the moment. From my profile you can see that I am 18 years post total heart transplant and I am as fit as a butchers dog.My consultant at Papworth continually tears out what is left of his hair as I continually refuse statins, the pharmaceutical companies gravy train.

My prescribed list of drugs is as long as an arm, but I only actually take about 20% of them, I don't collect the other 80% so I am not wasting resource. Also it has to be said that I drink to satisfaction anything I like in the alcoholic variety, especially vodka.

Saturday afternoon, having a large dram of vodka and watching the snooker, MARVELLOUS !

Be happy.........Roy

Reactions: 2 people

Steve08

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Newcastle United
I don't often eat eggs the only way i have eggs is contained in what my wife has cooked or baked and she buys half a dozen every week

DAC1

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Swede
Anything up to 30 a week. They're great versatile 'fillers' and no carbs. Boiled, scrambled, poached, occasionally fried and I love a 3 egg omlette with cheese and mushrooms, and bacon if I've got some. And my cholesterol readings are never above 4.
Denny

Reactions: Arab Horse

Etty

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Well, not quite pure, you left out the vitamin A, choline, folate, selenium, omega 3 etc. I eat between 10 and 15 a week, mostly scrambled for breakfast. Egg mayonnaise on a plate of green salad leaves is a favourite lunch.

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
Liver Lainey said:
only one a week for me, the yolks are pure cholesterol...im always throwing eggs away :(

I think "they" have now decided that the cholesterol in eggs is "good" cholesterol. The limit to the number of eggs allowed each week was removed about 3/4 years ago, if I remember correctly. My total cholesterol is in the high 4s, my lipid profile is excellent, and I'm still eating 14 almost evey week! :D

Viv 8)

CantThinkOfAUsername

Unless I missed it, I think that I eat the most, 35 a week, which is down a bit from 42. Cholesterol is up from 3.5 to 4.9 which might not all be the eggs because I now eat loads of Saturated fat. Total cholesterol is a total waste of a number IMO.

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
I have 2 scrambled every morning. With a slice of lean ham on a slice of good brown bread,

When I get up my fasting level is usually around 7.

After my brekkie ( I always eat late... Could be a brunch really. Just not hungry and wish I was) my reading is about 9.

Works for me.

I questioned my DN about eggs and my diabetes diet and my iffy cholesterol levels and she said eggs are fine...

So I believe her...

hankjam

Type of diabetes
Type 2 (in remission!)
Treatment type
Diet only
3 at the moment but having read this thread I think the sky might be the limit.....
Sounds a bit like Cool Hand Luke.....