Motivation

tobyp

Hi all,

Since being diagnosed 9 months ago I think I'm doing well - lost some weight, exercising more (training for a half marathon) and cutting my carbs (salad rather than sandwiches for lunch, which seems to be the general consensus on this site...)

However I still struggle with temptation - my new job supplies free bread/toast and biscuits - I've always had a sweet tooth and find it hard to resist every day. I seem to crave a sugary snack after eating especially.

Has anyone got any good tips that would help me and others keep on the right road??

Note to recently diagnosed - I feel a lot better than when this started....don't be disheartened!

Cheers

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Look in the Low-Carb section of the forum for sweet treats that aren't high in carbs. I don't eat it now but 80-90% dark chocolate is great if you fancy something sweet, Aldi do a make called Moser Roth which contains five individual bars at 4g of carbs each, last time I looked they were selling for around £1.20 :)

Anguse

Hi Tobyp,
For motivation add fun in your workouts and remember that why have you started workouts. Stay close to people who motivates you and have a supportive system. Set realistic goals, keep your workout journal to measure your progress.