aaronjunited

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Tomatoes
I'm type 1 and very skinny. I need some advice on how to put some weight on. Im about 10 stone. I want to be 13 stone again.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Aaron.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

danielcvs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Aaron.

I have the same question as you.

The difference is i have trouble digesting (gastroperesis) so i don't see many choices for that.

To gain weight, i suggest you go to a gym and do serious musclebuilding. At the same time, eat a lot of carbohydrates ( you need to manage your insulin accordingly) such as rice, potatoes, pasta, beans, etc...
You can also make a milkshake with cornflour (2 tablespoons dissolved in cold water, milk, sugar because the flour is bitter and yoghurt or fruit) which is mostly carbs.
You should avoid sports involving walking or running, they're good activities but lead you to lose weight.

Right now, because of my digestion problems, i cannot eat much of solid carbs, so i'm looking for alternatives, which i don't know of. The flour milkshake also is difficult for me to digest.

Hope we get more responses soon, i know our question is very attypical and is not a general concern for diabetics.

Cheers.

danielcvs

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I've put this question on this other thread, you may want to check it out for replies:

http://www.diabetes.co.uk/diabetes-forum/viewtopic.php?f=34&t=40033&p=399515#p399515