How old were you when you were diagnosed?

How old were you when you were diagnosed?

• 0-5

Votes: 50 12.8%
  • 6-10

Votes: 36 9.2%
  • 11-15

Votes: 35 8.9%
  • 16-21

Votes: 39 9.9%
  • 22-30

Votes: 46 11.7%
  • 31-40

Votes: 49 12.5%
  • 41-50

Votes: 52 13.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 48 12.2%
  • 60+

Votes: 37 9.4%

• Total voters

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Type 1 on 3rd feb 2003 when i was 13 half way through my gcse's and i still got higher grades than my non diabetic twin sister

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Yeah well we were look completly different now tho she is alot bigger than me and shes still blonde hahaha

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Type 1 at 34 (3 years ago)...still struggling to deal with it/control it.....also diagnosed with neuropathy...not pleasant but am soldiering on. Still not treating myself as if I have Type 1 (still smoking too much and enjoy a drink) and don't always eat the right things.....some encouragement needed please!!!!!

Mommayorkie

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
being ruled by my conditions.if it isnt one playing up its another. stopping me leading at least some sort of life.
69 pre-diabetic type 2

jeb

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Know it alls, Doctors who don't have a clue about maintaining diabetes, Right wing politicians
Just 3 years old, I am now 62 and with no complications. I have never complied with hospital care they use the formulaic process which has nearly killed me in the past. For instance, when I was in hospital having my third child, they didn't believe that I was an atypical diabetic. They assumed that my insulin requirements would drop despite the fact that I told them otherwise. Pregnancy always makes my insulin requirements drop substantially. They wouldn't let me monitor myself and do my own injections so I had to have my husband bring my kit in and I did everything myself. Their insulin I injected into the sheet as it was a type which didn't work properly for me. Now when I had my daughter in Epsom, their attitude was quite different. They said I knew more about my diabetes so that was my responsibility I just had to tell them what was going on. I have also fought for a decent diet, more recently they seem to want pump diabetics full of sugar. So I said unless I got plenty of meat and veggies I would order out from Montana's.