bydureon

foxyccc

I am type 2 diabetic and also have chronic Fatigue Syndrome (ME) which is a fatigue illness. I take metformin and glicizide and last thursday I had my first Bydureon Injection.

On Sat and Sun I felt queasy and on Sunday night I was violently sick five times. I was told by the GP and my diabetic nurse that the drug causes sickness and nausea, but as I was so sick I was very upset. My nurse feels that perhaps I had the noro virus or had eaten something that had been off, as she wouldnt expect the drug to cause this much sickness.

Obviously I cannot be sure whether this was a reaction to the drug. Has anyone else suffered with bad sickness on this drug and if so does it settle down with time. Obviously I dont wish to go through this again, and am due to have the next injection on thursday.

I welcome comments from anyone on Bydureon.

Regards
:(

foxyccc

I have spoken to My GP today and has told me to stop Bydureon as the side effects are affecting my health with sickness nausea and diarroeah.

She is going to start me on low dose insulin when I recover from taking this drug.

As I have ME (Chronic Fatigue Synddrome) my body is less able to tolerate normal doses of medication, and I had to take the whole slow release drug injection. I feel that the drug was too strong for me and I reacted with bad side effects.

Hopefully not everyone will get the reaction to the drug as I did.

Will have to read the insulin threads now as I know nothing about insulin.

Osidge

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Bullies.
Foxyccc

You might want to try the other form of exenatide - Byetta. This is taken twice a day and comes in 2 strengths. Perhaps the lower strength would be OK for you.

I have been lucky with Bydureon and Byetta, having had no side effects.

Regards

Doug

foxyccc

Thanks Doug and Mr M for your repies. The doctor said this drug is not for me so we are going to try small dose of insulin. she said the drug didnt agree with me. I also have ME and my body is very fatigued. I always have to build up my tolerance to drugs slowly over a long period of time, and I think the whole dose of Bydureon in an injection sent my body into a nose dive. I have had a really rough week with sickness and nausea and stomach upsets, but am feeling a bit more normal now I have a strong anti histimine tablet that stops nausea from the GP.

What a steep learning curve we go on with medication.!