Medtronic Pump - Resevoir Recall in Uk

Ladybirdy75

Has anyone else in the UK had a letter recalling the resevoir (code MMT-332A) and a "field notice" about possible insulin leakage blocking the vents on the connector point on the infusion tubing (the bit you connect to resevoir) and information on keeping it dry.........along with a pack of what i hope is correctly functioning resevoirs and a notice to go on an alternative injection plan until you've spoken to Medtronic????? I have, though so far i haven't had any problems :-S

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
There are some others on another diabetes forum who have mentioned the letters and recall, not seen any report they have found their reservoir leaked.

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
There's this thread here with an online checker to see if your reservoirs are affected.
viewtopic.php?f=14&t=44154&p=400371&hilit=medtronic+recall#p400371

I hadn't heard anything about it . It maybe that none of the faulty reservoirs were sent to France or that the company who deals with my supplies was notified and did there own checking.
I did put in the batch numbers of all my reservoirs and found that the they were all OK.

Pepsi Max

I checked my supply code on the link provided & my batch weren't affected! Phew!

Diabetic warrior since 2005!

MadelinesMum

Hi, I didn't receive a letter but I saw the Diabetes UK post on Facebook, checked my 8 yr old's reservoirs and had 3 affected boxes. Luckily I had not used any.

Cody

Well it explains my ******* erratic sugars which has sent my mind boggling.professionals eh. ******* armatures not happy but what can a do? Nothing it's all on the NHS