Old rockers.

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Anyone watch the Rolling Stones at Glastonbury last weekend?
I did but only on the telly and gawd talk about make me feel old!
I'm sixty Mick and Keith are both seventy this year ... Mick this month.
Charlie seventy four and drumming like that is very physical.
All thin as rakes and all still writing still playing still jumping about.
Should I stop with the Metformin and all this carbs stuff and start shooting ****** snorting coke and slugging whiskey I'm thinking?

LittleWolf

Lol NO! If you want to do anything illegal that might actually has some real health benefits stick to the ganja. Also, make sure you have plenty of low GI veggies to fix your munchies.

I dont really listen to the Rolling Stones but I respect them as musicians a great deal. Not to mention how much they are exerting themselves at that age! Now I really would love to see the full outfit of Guns n Roses how they were back in the day.

I'm 20 so I missed them and other hair metal bands in their prime...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
He he he ... well I'm 70 and still slug good scotch, but as for anything harder, they can keep it :thumbup:

If looks are anything to go by, my 70 makes their 70 look more like 95 :lol:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Watched the highlights last night, they still looked and sounded great and seemed happy to be playing there, Kenny Rogers looked and sounded good too and he must be 80 years old.....surely!

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
I watched the gig on the TV and couldnt help wondering what they would all feel like the following day after all that exertion :lol:

I thought it was a great show, but I'd liked to have seen it all, you would have thought that the BBC would have shown the entire performance. A guy from another forum I post on was lucky enough to have been in the middle of the crowd that night and said it was an amazing experience.

Theres a festival this weekend in Oxford that I would like to have gone too as well, Wilco Johnson is playing today and the headline act is Van Morrison who I think is a brilliant artist who is way cooler than the Rolling Stones IMHO and at 68 is a similar age too.

[youtube]BteIwbKU_iQ[/youtube]

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Van Morrison is great, thought he was slightly older than 68 mind :eek:

Just did a Google search on Kenny and he is 75 this year, my dad was a big country music fan so grew up listening to the likes of Kenny and Don Williams.

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
I went to a Stones concert back in the 60s. Couldn't hear much above all the screaming. I had loads of Stones albums some years back. Lent them to someone and never saw them again. A friend is coming down to Cornwall in August. He is a very talented musician. I am looking forward to hearing what he is doing now. He finds Cornwall inspirational.

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
Glucohero said:
Don't forget The Who.

Who :?: ... :lol: :thumbup:
images
That's Who :clap: :clap: :clap:

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
Sid Bonkers said:
I watched the gig on the TV and couldnt help wondering what they would all feel like the following day after all that exertion :lol:
<snip>

Never mind what they would all feel like the following day, Sid bonkers,
what must they all look like the following day.
Or the following week, even. :lol:

willie. :D

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Ya gotta love the Stones ... the only people uglier than their spitting image dolls!

thebassist84

LittleWolf said:
Got to applaud such talented folk with all their sensibilities and so much drive. Being a musician is physically and mentally draining! *salutes them*

Yep it sure is! Especially with a full time job, type 1 diabetes and a 3 year old!!! Thank god for grandmothers is all I can say! At least we don't tour....much!

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I look at Mick Jaggar and see that raddled face. I'm 66 and have barely a wrinkle and I've never tried illegal substances. Yes my hair is pretty white, but I add a bit of pale pink to it.
Hana

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
jake60 said:
Ya gotta love the Stones ... the only people uglier than their spitting image dolls!

Every face tells a story :D

susanmanley

in the 60/70's I loved a group called Family but they semed to drop off the radar fairly quickly...must be my bad taste!!!!