Need some words from Type 1 adults and children

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought those of you who have submitted a message for my running tutu may like to see the first batch of tags that have been printed. Thank you everyone who has already submitted a message, there is still plenty of space if anyone else would like to include something :D

https://www.facebook.com/runfortype1diabetes

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I thought those of you who have contributed a phrase for my running tutu might like to see what it's looking like, still space if anyone else would like to contribute some words for me to attach :D

1011871_479245618830778_1951448317_n.jpg

https://www.facebook.com/runfortype1diabetes

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
My favourite saying is 'The drugs I take are to stop me from getting high' - otherwise for sport it's 'running sweet'.

Juicyj

Expert
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Hypos, rude people, ignorance and grey days.
My favourite saying is 'The drugs I take are to stop me from getting high' - otherwise for sport it's 'running sweet'.

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the additional phrases, will make sure they are added, thank you! :D

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Whenever I inject, I say 'just shooting up'. I use the 'I'm high' one. I got an awful glare once for saying that!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

CatieW

Cannot take credit for all of these but these are some of my faves that I've seen over time

Finger tips of steel
Keep calm and bolus
Ninjabetic
Glucose warrior
My pancreas is retarded
Insulin- breakfast of champions
My other pancreas is an Animas (that one's mine :lol: )
Going to have a couple of T- shirts printed with these on :)

Good luck with your run x

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
These are all great, thank you will add them to the list for next printing batch :D

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Since this is a great community project I'd love if we could help you raise some money from our Facebook/Twitter pages and maybe get you a whole load more things to put on your outfit! Do you have a page set up on JustGiving?

Afternoon SophiaW. A lovely thing to do for your daughter - do so hope it all goes well with you on the run. I was 4 when I was diagnosed on my mother's birthday, 30th September 1951. I still use animal insulin as 'human' insulin and I do not work well together. My slogan would be " Insulin dependent for 62 years, still alive & well".

Or something similar anyway. All best wishes to you.

Carroll

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thank you Carroll and Tavia, have added your phrases :D Carroll, it's lovely to get feedback like this from someone who has had T1 for a long time, as a parent I always worry for my daughter's future so reassuring to know others have had it for a long time and still going strong :)

Dannymum

Hi Sophie ,

Its a lovely thing to do, I have a son who was also diagnosed T1 at 4.5 yrs, so know what you are going through.

On the words, how about, " Keep on testing, Daniel Aged 8, Liverpool".

Hope the training is going well. I have done a bit of JDRF Fundraising, but hope to do a cycle late summer.

Good Luck,

Lois

Barrie Smith

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
NHS and Prof Tony Weetman .
Thanks Jane Kennedy /IDDT for saving animal insulin .

SophiaW

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thanks for the words Lois, Barrie and Zaf - have added them to my printing page :D

Lois, thank you training is going well - good luck with your cycle later in the summer :D

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Great Idea Sophie, I've thought about raising money with my next run, but with only three weeks to go I don't think I'll have time.

Perhaps you could put this on your costume for me? "Diabetes is learning to live with me" Dave, aged 39