Sukrin bread mix

miluxa

Has anybody used Sukrin products? It claims to be diabetic friendly, but is it?
I am Type 2 diabetic not taken any medication therefore looking for low carbs

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
The Sukrin looks OK but I'm not sure I would make bread with it as the flour is worse than the sugar, I know some people make bread and cake mixes with almond flour but IMHO that contains way too much fat and everything I made with it just tasted of almonds :sick:

WhitbyJet

Theres no almond flour in Sukrin bread mix, and we think its delicious.

I am a big fan of Sukrin products in general.

Giverny

Admin
Administrator
Type of diabetes
Friend
Treatment type
I do not have diabetes
Dislikes
Dishonest people, pessimism, spiders, mushrooms.
Sid Bonkers said:
The Sukrin looks OK but I'm not sure I would make bread with it as the flour is worse than the sugar, I know some people make bread and cake mixes with almond flour but IMHO that contains way too much fat and everything I made with it just tasted of almonds :sick:
I found that almond flour was actually quite mild... wasn't a huge fan of the texture when I made pancakes with it but I suppose it's an alright substitute!

B

badcat

I've used the bread mix
- not bad but rather a flat/ crunchy loaf and very expensive
I use wheat gluten, eggs,seeds yeast and Splenda to make a low carb bread that is much nicer imo although. Higher in carbs than sukrin, its still much lower that commercial bread at about 7g carbs for 50g slice and works out cheaper

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
WhitbyJet said:
Theres no almond flour in Sukrin bread mix, and we think its delicious.

I am a big fan of Sukrin products in general.

I didnt realise they even did a bread mix I looked quickly at their web site and just saw the Sukrin sweetener, hence my flour comment. :D

Sketcher

Dislikes
Other people's cats in my garden
Tried the Sukrin bread mix: excellent! Very easy to make (add water, stir, put in oven); a nice little loaf emerges. No flour, so very low carb. This is the first bread I've had for many months; normally bread (even whole grain) will give me a horrendous spike, but two slices of this had virtually no effect on BG. **** clever, those Norwegians! I'll be ordering bulk supplies.....

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Reactions: 2 people
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I have a box of sukrin bread mix in my kitchen cupboard. It's a free from Sunflower and pumpkin seed mix produced in Norway. I bought mine from the Free From show in Olympia in May. It says on the front of the box :-

21% fibre
Gluten and wheat free
Soy, milk and yeast free

and !g carb per slice!!!!

I think I will bake it this afternoon, it's not doing anything sitting in the cupboard. So I will give it a go and let youy know how it turns out and what it tastes like :thumbup:

Best wishes RRB

ps the 1g carb states it's per 40g and 2.5 carb is per 100 g.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
I made the Sukrin bread and it actually tastes quite nice. I sliced it into 40 gram slices and put them in the freezer. Still had to have Insulin with it, even though it states it's only 1 g of carb per 40 gram slice, but I'm Type 1. The seeds in it were delicious :D

RRB

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Where do I buy this Sukrin Bread Mix, id supermarkets? or does it have to be online?

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
diadeb said:
Where do I buy this Sukrin Bread Mix, id supermarkets? or does it have to be online?

I'm sure you can buy online, but I got my box from the Free From and Allergy show.

Best wishes RRB

Netty70

diadeb said:

If you put it in your search engine it comes up with quite a few online stores it also comes up with Lakeland if you have one of them stores near you but the actual sukrin bread mix wasn't there but there was a lot of others so maybe they have similar ingredients
Worth a look :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Paul_c

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
miluxa said:
Has anybody used Sukrin products? It claims to be diabetic friendly, but is it?
I am Type 2 diabetic not taken any medication therefore looking for low carbs

£15.95 plus £1.00 P&P for 2.1 Kilos which only makes 4 loaves... :!: :?: :!: :?:

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Woah, thanks Paul-c, no way am I paying that much money ever

WhitbyJet

Well I love my Sukrin bread, having said that I often bake my own bread using ground pumpkin seeds, sunflower seeds, linseed and pofiber which is a Swedish product used in low carb baking.

My sister in law, lives down south, bought a new bread available in Waitrose from this week, http://www.livlifefoods.co.uk/, dont know what its like, we dont have a Waitrose anywhere near.