New type one

Sportlover

Hi everyone. I am newly diagnosed as type one diabetic about 5 weeks ago. Anything that could help me or inform me would help alot! Thanks! :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Sportlover said:
Hi everyone. I am newly diagnosed as type one diabetic about 5 weeks ago. Anything that could help me or inform me would help alot! Thanks! :D

Just wanted to say hello and welcome :wave:

Best wishes RRB

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
I'm on injections. I have levimer for my long term insulin and novo rapid for my quick acting.

If you can, see if you can get on the DAFNE course. It teaches you how to carb count. Basically, finding how much insulin you take for how ever many carbohydrates you eat. That changed me life.

Don't beat yourself up if you get readings that are high. It happens to us all. If you feel sick, test before you do anything. I thought my sugars were high once, so went straight into giving myself insulin because I didn't have any test strips with me. Result: I was already in a hypo and I nearly put myself into a coma. So always test.

Remember type one and type two are very different, requiring different treatments. Also, every type one diabetic is different: what works for one, might not work for another. Get advice from people, but also trust your own body.

The most important insulin to get right is the background one. You may wake up with some lows because you're taking too much background insulin. Equally you may keep waking up high because you aren't taking enough. Don't worry, it's all a learning course, and there is no right or wrong amount to take.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

icylilies

Hello,
I'm Phillippa ^-^ i have had diabetes for two years now O: almost feels like yesterday -_-
I am on Novo-mix and Novo-rapid, i was on the dafne course but I had a very sever reaction to the insulin :( so back on the mix! Haha
I'm always around if you have any questions :)

jayne15

daily exercise has really helped my little girls levels stable, she plays rugby 4 times a week swimming twice a a week and is very active in between, 9 months on she is on very small amounts of insulin twice a day and maintains a HBA1C of less than 6.5, she eats lots of fruit and veg and enjoys the odd choccie bar, and in this weather she has had a daily ice cream with very little difference in her blood levels. remember every one is different and we all have good and bad days- 9 months on from diagnosis life is good which in the initial stages we never thought wed say this so stay positive life can be normal you just need a little more planning.

Shell1

Type of diabetes
Parent
Treatment type
Pump
Where do you have your needles I have it in my legs and arms and if my fingers get sore I pric my toes how old was you I'm nine and I was eight when I got it x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App