Diabetes of the bladder, but not blood?

Richard w

Hi was as at the doctors today, for another "we test" and it came back as diabetic (as always). Every time I have to do a blood test (14h no food) every time I've done one its come back negative? The doctor did say it could be "water" one, what kind is this please?

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
There is a condition called Low Renal Threshold. This sounds like it. It's where the kidneys don't recover all the glucose from the blood, even if it's not actually very high.. It's quite different from Diabetes Insipidus, which involvesexcessive urination, without glucose..
To the best of my memory, LRT doesn't cause any harm and doessn't need treating. Go back and discuss with the doctor.
Hana

John7956

You do not retain water due to low production of ADH (Anti Diuretic Hormone) causing excessive urination so I believe you would really notice it. Don't quote me on that though

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Hi Richard

If you didn't understand your GP, why didn't you ask him while you were there?

I know this sounds silly, but this is what they do for a living.

Don't shy to ask. :)

Mart.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Is this what the doctor called it?
renal glycosuria.
Hana