Diabetic Friends

Hi! My name is Aimee and I am type 1 diabetic. I was diagnosed on 24th October 2012 (Hetalia day- Hetalia is an anime that I suggest you watch) Anywayyy I am 14 and I would like to make some diabetic friends as I only know a couple of people who are diabetic and I only see them a few times a year. Also there are no other Diabetics at my school so I don't have anyone who understands my diabetic worries/problems.
:) :p

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

IceGirl

Re: Diabetic Friends

HII you replied to my post about friends so i gotta reply to yours as i sooooo wanna be friends by the way im 12 diagnosed January this year so i find it really hard. I reallllllly want to be friends . i also have no diabetic friends what so ever!! i want you to be please be my friend so i atleast have 1 diabetic friend. by the way i would have replied earlier but i haven't been on my account for looong!!!!

Yeah we can be friends! It is really hard when no one knows what you go through (I know people go through worse but...well..yeah)

It really annoys me how people associate being fat with diabetes!
( I will try and PM you but I am not sure how, I am quite new to this websiteforumthingy)

Brookevb27

Hey my name is Brooke, and I am 15. I know how you feel! I was diagnosed about a year and a half ago, and I haven't meet anyone with type 1, I have people that are sympathetic, but it would be nice to have people that understand! I would love to be your friend!

Stacey23x

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi my name is Stacey .. I'm 23 & was diagnosed with type 1 diabetes at 18.

I would like to talk to more people with type 1 :) xx

Brookevb27

Hi! I am fifteen and was diagnosed with T1 a year ago! I would love to have some people to talk to that understand what I am going through:)

bri281295

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hey. I'm 17 and I've had T1 for nearly a month. It would be nice to have people my age to talk to :wave:

Mark2605

Hi, I'm 18 and have been type 1 for 5 years. At the start I had no one to talk to and would hate to think that there are people going trough that now. So if anyone wants to talk, please don't hesitate to message me :)

OweJaxMum2

Hi I'm typing on behalf of my son (not sure of the etiquette yet) who was suddenly diagnosed last Wednesday night with Type 1.

Owen had been feeling unwell for over a week, it was missed by the Doctor twice, including that morning. He feels quite despondent by not having anyone to speak to.

Not sure how this works, if anyone could message him via me to start with. He's 14 (15 in Nov) devastatingly handsome & a huge Charlton fan, but don't let that put you off!

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375306382.168769.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375306382.168769.jpg
    121.2 KB · Views: 902