Victoza and weight loss

karenmc2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Ignorant and rude people
Hi I was started on victoza injections last August I have read that it is supposed to help with weight loss am I the only one it doesn't ?

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
I have been on it since it came over here and was the first in my GP's surgery to receive it. I did loose some wight but not at first and then it tailed off to zero, BUT it has not come back and THAT is what I like about it.
I did not loose anything over the first 7-8wks and the it slowly came off over the following year and then stopped. I can no longer eat the large plates I use to so I suppose that is the way it works.
My main question to you is .. has it got your blood readings down? It suceeded with me and that is why my GP keeps me on it. I was at the point of injecting insulin and Victoza as the last resort saved me from it.

karenmc2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ignorant and rude people
Hi bobs
Thank you for your reply, I didn't notice any weight loss but I do struggle to enjoy anything I eat to the point of not being able to eat like I should I do enjoy frozen things like icecubes, Ice cream I will carry on trying take care chat soon x

karenmc2

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Dislikes
Ignorant and rude people
Hi hobs sorry for the misspelling my phone seems to make its own words up my reply came as bob but it is meant for u

Elsie Simon

I have been on Victoza 1.2 mg almost a year...I was not able to take metformin...still struggle with nausea, trying to cut portion size and have not lost weight. My average fasting AM test readings are now around 140 when they were around 120 the first few months. Fresh veggies seem to agree with me the most and I try to eat at least one meal with protein. I am not exercising very much due to lower back problems ...oh and did I say I am 71 years old? I am also very sodium sensitive so have to watch salt intake and take diuretics. This seems to be a daily battle for me...the balancing of what food to eat that won't make me feel so bad and feeling like actually doing something. Is anyone else having the same problems?

goslow12

Dislikes
Unfair people
Didn't realise weight loss was one of the side effects however that of course can be a result of high sugar so be careful your weight is coming off for the right reason!