Whats the name of that book

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Thats the one just ordered that alond with think like a pancreas 2nd edition and successful pumping with insulin good fun reading

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Think Like a Pancreas is great (or Stink like a Pancreas as my 9-year old has christened it), it's my holiday reading this year and I'm finding it very helpful even just a month post diagnosis.

I've done a lot of research into sports nutrition myself, but this goes a whole lot deeper than the macro nutrient balance and energy pathways into the detail of the various hormonal systems.

I've got another good one waiting at home for me next week hopefully and a sports physiology book on my kindle. Time to put those novels away and get serious.

squeeze321

Dislikes
Hypos
I read the Kindle version of the book 'Think like a pancreas' about two weeks ago and I have made a lot of changes to the way I control my sugars, wow what a difference this book has made! I am a little bit shocked when I keep getting blood sugars between 5.5 and 6.5. I have had the odd high and low ones too but most of the time with manual boluses and careful changes to basel insulin patterns I seem to be having some good control. I made quick notes of certain info for instance the changes to bolus insulin for exercise and correction boluses etc and my averages have dropped from 7.6% to 6.6% in the space of one week.