Blood monitor with ketone testing abiility?

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi guys,

Ive recently completed DAFNE and am trying to low carb. much improved readings with the combined efforts :eek: . However Im fed up of random high readings like this morning.

last night 14.
this morning (9am) 21.8 :shock:
10am 16.9
11am 18.8.

I dint have ketone strips with me (im in work) and stupidly forgot my ketone meter.

Can anyone suggest a good meter which does both blood and ketones? Currently on aviva bolus expert but willing to change as I dont use the bolus adviser and do it myself.

also hoping to go onto pump :thumbup:

robert72

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I have an Abbot Freestyle Optium which does both. I expect some of their other meters do too.

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The Glucomen LX plus also does ketone and BS testing.

John7956

I have the glucomen LX plus. Have to use different strips for glucose and ketones but I like it. Would love one that you could do one test and get glucose an ketone result automatically

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
robert72 said:
I have an Abbot Freestyle Optium which does both. I expect some of their other meters do too.

I'm on this too. It's great because it's really small. I just carry a couple of ketone strips with me in the pouch :)

carl61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hi my wife who diabetic has a glycogen pc meter which as some has said does blood readings and Jerome readings, you have to use separate sticks for Jerome readings, but it's a good meter.

Hannah1987

Yes can highly recommend the abbots FreeStyle Optium =) it has a lifetime guarantee & customer service is excellent & helpline brilliant also =) use blue strips for bg's & purple strips for ketones =) my lgs showed up strange code at 4pm so rang for help & lady on phone ran me through tests on monitor & due to not being able to solve it she said a new monitor would be sent out 1st class special recorded delivery - it arrived 9am following morning =) can also ask for a solution what tests if the monitor is showing up correct reading's for hypo's & hyper's =)