Lantus ?

Roberto

I recently have split it into 6 units in the morning and 10 before my bed. It's working well for me.

Maybe best speaking to your clinic first though??

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I split mine as I found that just having an evening dose was making it run out well before the 24 hours and I was going high in the evenings regardless of what I did.
I now split it equally between morning and evening and find the effects of my quick acting are easier to judge and usually I have fewer highs and lows (when I get things right :lol: )
It is certainly worth a try if you are struggling. I just knocked one unit off the evening dose each day and took the extra one the next morning until I had got them equal.

HTH
Angie

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
Before taking Levemir I used Lantus and split the dose 50/50 twelve hours apart. In my opinion Levemir is better which I also split in the same manner.
Glen.

SimonClifford

When I was on MDI Lantus never worked 24 hrs. I had to split mine ~75% on waking & 25% 'booster' before bed. I wondered whether I should go back onto ultratard. The unreliability of the stuff is one of the reasons I was so keen to get onto a pump.