Type 1: What are your HbA1c test results?

Cupcaake32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Dubstep made in chelsea
Mine has come down from 11.8 % to 8.1% or 65 in 5 months lowest mine has ever been in 10 years of being pancreatically challenged

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Concorde

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Mine was 40 last time but that was with loads of exercise and loosing weight. Type 2 responds well to weight loss my tipping point was 7lbs of blubber shed and the Insulin demand dropped and dropped.

martinhiggs68

now im really confused ! cos im new to all this and was told by my gp that my hba1c was down from 110 to 87 but i dont know what measurement that is in and it doesnt seem to corespond to any of the above ? :roll:

AlanEadie

My HbA1c results have been a steady 5.7% ever since I attended the X-PERT Diabetes Course.

A course strongly recommended. Encourages self management. Unfortunately it is not always available in every area.

Check out www.xperthealth.org.uk and find out all about it.

Alan
(on metformin 500mg once daily and endeavour to eat low GI grub)

blothom

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rudeness, ignorance, racism, intolerance and butter beans
I was in hospital recently, and put onto insulin for the first time, although I have been type 2 for 14 years. I had ignored my diabetes for the last 3 years, not taken my tablets, and ate every sweet and cake known to man. I was told that my HbA1c was 135mmol/mol!!! :oops: Now, 7 weeks later, my HbA1c is down to 72! Shame on me for ignoring it all for so long, and it cost me my big toe, but I am now converted, and have learnt my lesson! I am happy with the new regime, feeling in control and seeing the results. :D

ianml

Hi, my first was 6.9 and mine second one which was about 3 weeks ago was 6.3, and my chlosterol 2.3 so really pleased, although i have fell off the wagon a little and have put some weight on......

sammi4688

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Mine were 90. Very high but are slowly gradually coming down. Didn't really take Diabetes serious for a few years, giving myself a kick up the bum and waking up to the realisation that i need to be sensible and control it.

the_anticarb

Dislikes
Spiders, winter, bills, ignorance, prejudice
My last one was 5.4 / 36 - I'm pregnant at the moment so trying to keep very tight control although it is getting difficult now I am further along.

annepgill

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Ignorance,racism
Mine were 71 no idea what that is in percentages

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Had my hba1c test last week. Found out yesterday that the phlebotomist had put the sample in the wrong container so they could not use the sample. Wo'nt be able to get another test till next week. Grrrrr

Lilliepop

Mine was 44 pre-diabetic but don't understand some say ie 6.1 and then someone else says 50 is 44 good or bad?