Heat problems

Janiept

Expert
I am so glad this was posted. My blood levels were abnormally low over the last couple of days so now I know why and can stop scratching my head :lolno:

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I can't believe that my BS has been hovering around 9.0 all day today, the highest they've been for months and months even though I've done nothing out of the normal. I've upped my Novorapid with my meal this eve so hopefully will go down before I go to bed. The other day it didn't rise above 3.9. Go away this horrible heat !!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

anna29

Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Cruelty to Animals/Children
Liars/Manipulators/Bullying
Hi All .

I have had really sore achey swollen ankles with the heat .
Keeping me awake with the pain plus the ruddy 'heat' :thumbdown:

Have been using Volterol sports injury gel on them to relieve the pain .
It has done the trick , it acts as an anti-inflammatory pain relieving gel .
Means as a gel to use direct on my skin - it is an oral tablet free solution for me :thumbup:
Given my medical [tablet form] intolerances .

So all in all - it has been a win/win thingy with myself :D
Thank goodness today HAS been a lot cooler 'here' :thumbup:

Anna .

sheepareevil

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
People who are not polite/ have no manners
Glad I'm not the only one that's grumpy at the hot weather (Although at least beinf Diabetic gives me a reason now and I am not just being grumpy because I don't like the hot weather).

Not only do I get quite a few Hypo's with the hot weather but I also find it harder to detect hypo's. I find that my Hypo symptoms can be mistaken for just being hot -Headaches, sweaty feeling skin, even shaking can be mistaken for dehydration.

It sucks as I can't detect them at the moment until they are around 2.5 ish and my partner tells me that he can't see any signs for my hypos (unless I am trying to spell something!). Think I need to move to a colder climate, but at least it is a good excuse to find Ice Cream Vans :thumbup:

A

Anonymous

having started antibiotics today, I realised that I was unwell and because its so hot, I was mistaking the sickness with how you expect to feel when it's hot. As an asthmatic as well as diabetic all I can say is can't wait for cooler weather. Has anyone else started a new pen? Amazing how your sugars can go from hypo to ridiculously high in one day.

borderter

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes! Celebrities and curry
I am now needing more insulin as bgs higher than usual .Most folk need less in the heat trust me to be difficult :D

Culchie

borderter said:
Anyone else feel ill with the heat
My heart feels like its slow and keep going faint and it happens everytime its hot so you will see why i am so afraid of hot weather and love the winter :problem:

I thought it was just me :crazy: .... I used to love the heat and sunshine but I feel decidedly odd :yawn:

benjygirl

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
disrespectful people
I'm needing more insulin these past few days as my readings are much higher than usual, although I feel as if I'm having hypos. Really strange !!!!

Slidge

I just did a blood test and normally after dinner I can be around 10 or 12. I don't know if it is because I took my slow acting insulin this morning or whether the weather is playing a factor, but after dinner tonight, my sugar level was 7.2 and I had jacket potatoes with chili. I can't fathom it out. Maybe it is a fluke, will wait and see what tomorrow brings

leahAlexandra

I'm Really struggling. Woke up this morning with my level as 15.5, had a bacon sandwich and 4 units of insulin and 2 hours later was 20.6
I dont know whats going on but i'm constantly hungry as well :(