hba1c

mrspj

Type of diabetes
Type 2
hi, have not posted before but today I got my test results, my dietician nurse was very happy as they had come back as 48, I am still trying to get my head round these numbers etc, my morning glucose was 7.6, I am not on any medication and the nurse says I don't have to have any if I keep my diet going as I have....I have lost almost a stone since march, eating sensibly, but find it very hard this hot weather, I belong to a slimming club but all their treats include high sugars and low fat, I am type 2, and hope to keep up the good work....mrspj :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i welcome :) sounds like you are doing great :) well done

Vern

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Liars
Welcome RSpj!

No reason to go on meds if you face it the way you are doing! Are you locarb diet orientated?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
You will almost certainly get there if you just keep it up. My downfall was all the chocolate bars, biscuits, buns, sweets etc. By cutting it all out, I started to lose weight and my BGs started to fall. But, I still did miss them. To get around that, I had to re-educate my palate. Invariaby I ate the sweet stuff, even if it was just a couple of slices of toast and marmelade, because something was missing in my normal food, a crunch, a texture, a certain taste hit. These gaps were all too easily filled by chocolate hobnobs dipped in hot chocolate.

I have now become very interested in good quality food and eat two fish meals, two poultry, two red meat and one veggie meal per week. I make all my own sauces and stick to complex carbs. I don't feel the need to grab a mars bar now. Whatever it was that was missing in my previous diet is now in my current diet. There is also a bit of kiddology involved. If I eat an apple or a pear, I sit down with a favourite knife and a wooden board and, 'make a meal' out of it. I'll often prepare a lemon drink to go with it too so it starts to feel as if I am having a desert. Eating an apple whilst watching TV, you hardly notice that you've eaten anything.