Did anyone get the free Contour next USB?

nmb264

Hell
To my surprise today the post man rang the bell and gave me a box and it was the contour USB blood checking device. I hadn't realised I was one of the lucky ones in the prize draw.

I've been using my optium freestyle for many years now and instantly love the USB as I can download all my readings. So far I've done 5 tests and 4 out of 5 match my optium.

Does anyone have further feedback on it?

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes its a great little meter, I had mine direct from Bayer free. Don't forget to register the meter so you can order the free mains charger and an alternative patterned case.

I found if you download the full software from the Bayer website (its free) you can combine several of their meters into one profile ideal if you have a main meter a a spare for when out and about, Bayer kindly sent a couple of the next usb meters :) .

I like the colour display, the way high and lows show in a different colour, the ability to add carbs / insulin for those who need too. the ease of use of their software, and the no need to replace the batteries, charge it and away you go again.

nmb264

It's great! I apparently missed the closing date too and got a freebie. It's came with the mains charger which is great and the software was all free to install too. Luckily not had any junk emails yet. I was previously checking and updating my dafne diary online. Now no need! Seeing my DSN tomorrow so will check with her if its worth changing.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pav

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
The other good thing is you can save your results and upload them to the Bayer servers so you can log into your account from anyehere you get internet access to show them your results.

alohanicky2009

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish , bad manners,
Yes I got a free contour next and yes I like it , still finding my way round it, I hate trying to write everything down in those little diaries in fact I don t record so this meter is good for me, not had too much resistance from my GP prescriptions the strips but we see next month as i go through a box a week,

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Had the meter but cant say I liked it that much - too many buttons to press after doing the test to get to the result.

fractureman

I've got a Bayer next you don't have to press any buttons after the test it shows it on screen & if you don't want to add carbs or insulin just remove strip.
I got one free from Bayer, don't trust this site & it's free offers just chance for junk email.

It's a great meter, I had the previous one free from hospital so the newer one with carbs/insulin is great. Now they have added the upload for reports it's great cos means I can get them to login when I'm at the hospital to see my results.

They don't have java on their pcs so when I plugged the meter into their computer it wouldn't load the software :(

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
The next is a great little meter, i had both from bayer and it saved me writing everything down, the only reason i've stopped using it is i'm now on the pump and use the handset that come's with it. The only difference between the next and my current meter is the bolus wizard.
I do miss my next it was nice and small. great when out running.

chubbyian

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Arrogance
I was sent one as well, and love it. Out of all the others I have tryed it is by fare my favorite. I have windows 7 on my pc and the software loaded fine, and I updated it from the site :D , To the people that worry about spam emails, I have 2 email accounts, one private and one I use on sites I am not sure of, I have not had any "spam" from Bayer. If I was really being sceptical, I would admit that they are giving out these meters to sell us the test strips, as this is probably where they make more profit (like mobile phones) but what the hell, it is a wonderful piece of kit, and I would willingly recommend it to anyone. :thumbup:

fractureman

I've just been sent a replacement for my Bayer next meter as old one stopped turning on.
Support said maybe due to blockage in test strip port.
They sent me a replacement foc anyway.

If any hobby person would like my old one (does charge etc just not turn on then if you cover postage is yours for free.

Just don't register it with Bayer as now removed & told I chuck it away.

Inbox me for details ;)

Riri

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
The conservative party, people who are cruel to animals and aggressive people
Love my Contour Next USB meter which sends my readings to my pump via Bluetooth and yes it was free. I like a spare but they wouldn't send one which they normally do with other meters without a quibble (they actually told me that it was Medtronic, the pump manufacturer, who have issued this instruction to them?). They did however send me the Bayer contour XT which uses the same strips so that's ok. Might buy a second USB one though,

Jokeying

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi all, I have a Contour Next USB Meter, can anyone tell me if they have problems with the finger pricker device being a bit hit and miss? Sometimes it draws blood and sometimes the needle in the finger pricker don't go as far as my skin on my finger, I have just been sent a new finger pricked from Bayer as my old one had become faulty ( spring was broke ) I love the Meter and all its functionality but the finger pricker I get very frustrated with as sometimes I have got to load it three and four times before it works, are any of you guys experiencing similar problems or do you have to put lancelet in a specific way?, any help would be great as it's driving me mad.

Last edited by a moderator:

logindetails

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Neuropathy :-(
Hi all, I have a Contour Next USB Meter, can anyone tell me if they have problems with the finger pricker device being a bit hit and miss? Sometimes it draws blood and sometimes the needle in the finger pricker don't go as far as my skin on my finger, I have just been sent a new finger pricked from Bayer as my old one had become faulty ( spring was broke ) I love the Meter and all its functionality but the finger pricker I get very frustrated with as sometimes I have got to load it three and four times before it works, are any of you guys experiencing similar problems or do you have to put lancelet in a specific way?, any help would be great as it's driving me mad.
The MICROLET® 2 lancing device supplied with the Contour Next is in my opinion one of the worst on the market - swap it for another one - my personal favourite is the mylife Softlance closely followed by the AccuChek FastClix and the OneTouch Delica .