Has anyone found any low sugar yoghurts? Struggling to find any

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
bri281295 said:

Lidl do a greek natural yogurt in 1 litre pots carbs 3.6 per 100ml do not buy the low fat option as the carbs are higher, unless you want too of course:smile:

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

diadeb

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
bullies, racism, ridiculous political correctness
Lidl Greek Yogurt 3.2g carbs per 100g, the best tasting I've ever had

gerri56

I have found that Marks and spencer does low sugar and low fat yoghurts and they are very tasty. They use the new Splenda sugar to sweeten them so they are ok for sugar levels.. try them.. they are labelled "healthy eating yoghurts" and the highest sugar content is 5.9 per 100 grms for the Rhubarb Brulee the others ( caramel toffee, vanilla and one other I can't remember the name) that they do in that range are all below 5.9 grms per 100 grms and around 4.0 ..... just check the sugar levels before you buy.
Hope this helps.
gerri :D

howe4now

Sainsburys (and maybe other supermarkets, but I only go to Sainsburys) sell Diet Irish yoghurts which come in two different sets of flavours and are really nice. I've checked the sugar in them compared with others and they are lower.

http://www.irish-yogurts.ie/index.php/products-/diet-range-/diet-variety

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
bri281295 said:

If your just looking for plain yogurt then Onken Natural Set Yogurt takes some beating on taste.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
bri281295 said:

If your just looking for plain yogurt then Onken Natural Set Yogurt takes some beating on taste.

I'll second that :thumbup:

Angie

chrisguco

howe4now said:
Sainsburys (and maybe other supermarkets, but I only go to Sainsburys) sell Diet Irish yoghurts which come in two different sets of flavours and are really nice. I've checked the sugar in them compared with others and they are lower.

http://www.irish-yogurts.ie/index.php/products-/diet-range-/diet-variety
You'll find that the Irish Dairy yogurt Full Fat have LESS sugar than the low fat. Always be wary of low fat as sugar is often substituted for fat!

Georg

"Irish Yoghurt" available in Tesco pack of four different flavours £1-50....It is the only "No Sugar" I can find....It is good.....!
Regards
Georg

adrian29459

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
It can be hard finding yoghurts with sugars less than 15g. Doesn't help when supermarkets discount the unhealthy ones. Most weight watchers yoghurts are very low, only 6-8g sugar per pot. Muller light are also pretty good, 175g pots, 12g sugar

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
Neo Valley natural yogurt with some loose nuts thrown in is 6.5g of carb per 100g

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Lidl Greek yogurt. Delicious thick creamy whole milk yogurt. Add your own berries. What is nice is to make ice cream with it and some whipping cream.
You can mascerate some berries in a teaspoonful of Xylitol and if you like it some liqueur and add to yogurt.
Hana

Ricky

Type of diabetes
Prediabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Irish Yoghurts Diet - delicious flavours, no sugar and on special at Tesco at £1 for a pack of 4!!