Type 2's: What was your fasting blood glucose in a morning?

Status
Not open for further replies.

LittleWolf

Re: Type 2's : What was your fasting blood glucose in a morn

Be careful with nutmeg too, it can really damage your liver...

Woke up at 8.1 which is a bit higher than I'm used to/happy with :/ Will likely be diagnosed by next Tuesday. Now I'm hoping for some practical assistance in managing this thing...

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

pickledpepper2

I was 5.8 this morning.

But yesterday morning I was 7.5 (ate a bunch of carbs the night before...... :oops: )

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying

Hey Folks,
I have only been diagnosed since Tuesday and started testing Saturday afternoon when my test strips arrived, my daily carb allowance was halved since Wednesday and portions reduced as well as a lot of processed food. Anyway, yesterday my fasting blood level was 5.9 and today its 5.7 tested via accuchek aviva nano.

Mark

wilsons888

PaulNicholls said:
HI there, I haven't been on here for about 5 years and have just joined again.

I'm mid 40's, dad of four - own business, extremely busy and diagnosed as type 2, 5 years ago (despite having had diabetic episodes for a couple of decades). I'm pretty sure I just wasn't picked up properly - even after telling my doctor I was diabetic for many years, which is ironic bearing in mind I'm a Solicitor dealing with Clinical Negligence cases amongst other things.....

Anyway, my testing is rubbish. Awful. Useless. If I'm 9 it's low. I was 15.8 this morning. I don't drink, I'm careful what I eat, and have around 30 units of Levimir of a night. My levels yo yo and I'm fed up of it. The only thing that seems to have a real positive benefit is exercise - hard exercise. So, after another miserable review with the Doctor this morning, I'm set and about to try to bring the levels way down.

So, in short, my levels are terrible - even if I don't eat of an evening. Anyone else have the same thing?

Hi Paul. I am recently diagnosed T2 and have been looking through this thread to see what the other people were testing at. Yours was the only numbers that were close to mine. I am rarely under 10, even on my fasting test, and am regularly around the 12 to 13 and I hit 17 on one test 2 hrs after a very small 'careful' lunch. This is despite trying to be as low carb as possible and on 4x metformin per day. I am 50 yrs old and until 12 months ago was a regular gym goer and trainng for my second dan in shotokan karate. Now I have so little energy it is about all I can do just to turn up at the office every day. Have also been put on perindopril and am on atorvastatin. What exercise do you do ?? I used to enjoy lifting some fairly heavy weights, but always feel so rubbish now that it just does not seem possible to start training again.

Gwilo

I don't know what it was this morning, but yesterday morning I posted 8.8 and my last FGT at the doctors was 6.8, despite an almost 12 hour fast.....I'd love to have the results of my OGT back and see those before and after figures too.

Thommothebear

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

This morning mine was 5.1

pav

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)

4.3 this morning, normally its between 4.4 and 5.1, with 4.4 being my most common reading.

pickledpepper2

Pav, your figures are low. I'm surprised your docs haven't suggested a decrease in medication?

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

The range is 3.9 to 5.5 mmols/l so I guess the docs will play safe until it drops below that. But, I think I would be tempted to see if I could go on diet and exercise alone if I was in Pav's situation, just to see how much was due to my efforts and how much was due to the medication.

AlisonSarah

Mine was 6.4 this morning. I had a fasting blood test at the doctor's last Friday and it was 8.3. Going for a glucose tolerance test next Friday.

LittleWolf

I have been told two different sets of numbers by two different doctors at the same surgery.

7 and 13.4, 6.5 and 12.5

Because the first reading of the second set of numbers is under 7, that doctor told me I am not diabetic. Now feeling unwell with ketones and may bang down the surgery door in the morning.

RainbowBrite

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

Hi all...my morning reading is normally between 6.8 and 9 :-( despite trying really hard on diet alone...

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying

For the last few days the highest has been 6.0 and the lowest has been 5.2. I am now using a SD Codefree meter so the readings could be a wee bit high.

Mark

wilsons888

Mine was 6.5 this morning despite being on a low/almost no carb diet for three weeks. Was double that pre diet though. Meds are 2x2met.

destiny0321

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
people who think nothing is wrong with you because they do not see blood or a plaster cast, i suffer with arthritis & use a zimmer & wheelchair but because they cant see anything wrong people assume nothing is wrong with you.

type 2 my fasting numbers are 5.3 to 8.6

julifriend

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only

Type 2, diet controlled only, and 5.2 this morning. Much lower than usual, but then yesterday I had a reading of 5.2 before dinner, 4.4 two hours later and 4.6 before bed. Most puzzled by this.

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying

This morning it was 5.4 but typically it hovers between 4.8 and its never been above 5.6 since I started low(ish) carbing. :thumbup:

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.

5.6 this morning, which considering I have a raging throat infection :( isn't too bad. :D

Viv 8)

Status
Not open for further replies.