Help

punto53

Sorry haven't got back no unusual exercise nothing too different normal walking!! Unless its the heat I've been drinking lots of water but that is quite normal for me. The only thing that I think it could possibly be is flat shoes(new ones they are like slippers) I bought for work as im on my feet all day long? I hope that's what it could be does anyone else suffer?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

B

badcat

Upping your magnesium intake helps with cramp - you can get magnesium oil to rub onto the skin or tablets to take with food

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Only time I've had cramp in lower legs/feet was just before I was diagnosed. Very painful and only happened at night. Since having normal sugar levels no longer suffer from that. Have u tested your levels when you experience this?

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

K

Kat100

Yes before I was diagnosed awful pains in legs toes arms and hands....much better now since getting bg levels lower.....the pain was really bad tough....t2 on metformin

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Kat100 said:
Yes before I was diagnosed awful pains in legs toes arms and hands....much better now since getting bg levels lower.....the pain was really bad tough....t2 on metformin

Glad it improved kat :)

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

mch1966

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
I had the same cramps. Some idiot prescribed quinnine without a liver function test.

Be careful and question all meds re side effects

When my sugars fell below 15mmol the cramps did ease

Good luck

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Ha! Just lay down and the old restless leg syndrome kicked in,I keep fidgeting with feet, twisting stretching and if I stop my toes curl up and the muscles lock until I 'twist again', pardon the pun. I get this EVERY night and sometimes during the day at work. It's very annoying and painful. I'll have to look at the magnesium supplements.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Just found this.

http://www.ehow.com/m/way_5398544_treat ... ramps.html

It certainly applies to me, I hardly have any salt in my diet, have been sweating a lot today and doing a lot of graft, so I can see sense in this.

See what you think Punto.

I got my daughter a 53 plate punto, smoky/slate blue in colour. There's a lot of 'em about ;)

punto53

Well no salt either in my diet and my age hot flushes add to my sweating this weather......

Oh yes my fiat punto 53 black had from brand new love it (best car ever had)

punto53

Just read the item on cramp in the leg very interesting. Was told over weekend to try tonic water so bought some diet with lime and ice really nice so will give it a go for couple of days!! Thanks for looking

mickey121

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
My wife gets cramp in the leg quite often and always keeps bottles of tonic water by the bed works for her in a few minutes normally

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
A cardiologist friend recommended taking a bit of salt to release cramp. It works for me.
Are you sweating a lot in the current heat?
you may be losing salt.
Hana

B

badcat

Can you buy magnesium over the counter or do I visit gp

YES you can buy tablets and oil OTC from health food stores or online

Glen

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Diabetes, DIY, winter,
When I worked in the tropical heat I had to make sure I took a little extra salt. I would get terrible cramps starting in my lower legs working upwards. Eating something salty always cured it within minutes.