A REAL Cure for Diabetes

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Hi all,
I have been doing lots of studying about this subject and reading many books and I have found there is a cure, but it will take time and patients as well as commitment from you. Don't let anyone tell you there is no cure for most of the ailments in the world, because there is. It is a lifestyle choice that brings on a lot of problems and Type 2 is definitely a Lifestyle Choice, which is why it developed. I will not go into any debates about this. Read, learn then understand how things work.

The fundamentals of the program is basically, eating raw foods, no sugars and pre-packaged rubbish. For people who want to know more or learn more, I recommend the Documentary - Simply Raw - Reversing Diabetes in 30 Days. Google it, find it and watch it. It's not too in-depth but will hopefully show you the things we are doing wrong.

Rather than everyone saying its rubbish and it doesn't work. I will put myself through the program. I am Type 1 and I have been for more than 10 years. Fully insulin dependant.

This will be a trial for me, and hopefully I will not have to inject any more after this, or hopefully I don't stray from the diet regime. Everything is a struggle and we all get tempted by everything around us.

I welcome comments and criticisms.

Just remember, Pharmaceutical companies never want to cure you of anything. Everything they do is to keep you living longer so someone has to keep paying for the medication.

Scott

Reactions: 2 people

CambridgeLass

Er... 10 years type 1, I would have thought if you did so much research you'd be a bit better informed?? Did they not tell you you'd need insulin for life?? Type 1 is AUTOIMMUNE. It's far from being just about diet; anything that stresses the body can cause blood sugar to rise. As for the comment about type 2 being a 'lifestyle choice' - I can imagine quite a few being offended here. Your post is almost asking for arguments. You could have just come on here and posted about the raw diet and left it at that. Diabetic nutrition is about the amount of carb intake fir glucose control not unprocessed raw foods! Certainly no 'cure'! Good luck with that.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Well, I'm sorry I don't believe you can cure T1 diabetes but I will wish you good luck and stand ready to be corrected.

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
Type 1 is a lot harder, but should see at least 75% reduction in insulin.

Brit90

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Other
CambridgeLass said:
As for the comment about type 2 being a 'lifestyle choice' - I can imagine quite a few being offended here. Your post is almost asking for arguments.

Show me a person who is fit and healthy (not overweight) with Type 2.

Anyway - currently on 50 units a day, lets see if i can bring it down

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Brit90 said:
CambridgeLass said:
As for the comment about type 2 being a 'lifestyle choice' - I can imagine quite a few being offended here. Your post is almost asking for arguments.

My mother was 7stones in weight and she was diagnosed type 2 diabetic so obviously it's not everyone who's diagnosed type 2 is overweight so there I'm showing you a person who was fit and healthy

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Brit90. Your wrong and should not be allowed to spout this kind of rubbish. its harmfull to those type one who are newly diagnosed at the very least

phoenix

Expert
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
This diet comes up every now and then, I have never seen a report of anyone adopting the diet and then reporting back how it went over the months. Occasionally we get a rash of single time posters making extraordinary and improvable claims.

In my opinion, Cousens, the author of this diet makes potentially dangerous claims .You may not wish to debate the matter but I think that it is important to present an alternative view.
Here's a review of his film
http://www.sciencebasedmedicine.org/ind ... ood-diets/
NB with the caveat that I don''t agree with the 'very very rare statement' in the review. I can't think of any case when a T1 would need no insulin
http://www.joslin.org/info/will_diabetes_go_away.html

Whilst , I accept that eating, fresh not manufactured food is good for everyone.I do not believe that a raw food diet will cure anything . Raw food is harder to digest and even when processed (chopped finely/blended), it is difficult to obtain sufficient calories and nutrients. (especially B12). We have evolved with smaller mouths, teeth and colons than our ape ancestors/relatives who live(d) on raw foods.

There is only one long term study that I know of on people who eat entirely raw diets;The Giessen study. This is an objective study on long term health and health markers. It demonstrates both desirable and less desirable outcomes. You may like to read them.

Consequences of a long-term raw food diet on body weight and menstruation: results of a questionnaire survey.
http://www.karger.com/Article/FullText/12770
(loss of body weight ; some to below normal BMI ; 30% of women with some loss of menstruation, those who ate more raw food more likely to develop amenorrhea )
The titles of the next 2 speak for themselves
Long-term strict raw food diet is associated with favourable plasma beta-carotene and low plasma lycopene concentrations in Germans
http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/18028575
Long-term consumption of a raw food diet is associated with favorable serum LDL cholesterol and triglycerides but also with elevated plasma homocysteine and low serum HDL cholesterol in humans.
http://jn.nutrition.org/content/135/10/2372.long

edited to add emphasis

Mr Happy

Of course you can bring it down, as would a good exercise regime, but that isn't a cure.

The raw matter that you need assistance with is between your ears!

Brit90 said:
CambridgeLass said:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
It is a lifestyle choice that brings on a lot of problems and Type 2 is definitely a Lifestyle Choice, which is why it developed. I will not go into any debates about this.
What on earth has lifestyle choice got to do with type 2 Diabetes. If your having a pop at Obesity just say it.

I treat and control my Diabetes with a vegan type diet, it works for me, but no point using words like Reverse or Real Cure that are just gimmick names to sell books etc;

Approximately 92% of all diabetes are type 2 and "definitely" not by their own choice,

Roy :)

Netty70

izzzi said:
It is a lifestyle choice that brings on a lot of problems and Type 2 is definitely a Lifestyle Choice, which is why it developed. I will not go into any debates about this.
What on earth has lifestyle choice got to do with type 2 Diabetes. If your having a pop at Obesity just say it.

I treat and control my Diabetes with a vegan type diet, it works for me, but no point using words like Reverse or Real Cure that are just gimmick names to sell books etc;

Approximately 92% of all diabetes are type 2 and "definitely" not by their own choice,

Roy :)

:)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Why don't we just wait until the 30 days are up before we start throwing insults ? I don't believe it either but let OP find out for themselves !

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
I'm a genetic T2, who always lived a healthy lifestyle. I'm in an unbroken line of people with it.
I keep very fit and well with normal blood glucose.
i certainly never made unhealthy lifesyle choices, other than following the government's advice and eating a low fat high carb diet. I know better now.
Hana

Thundercat

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I fail to see any connection between T2 being a lifestyle choice (which it most certainly is not) and 'curing' T1 with raw food. I can appreciate the desperate bid to be done with diabetes but sadly there is NO cure. In certain cases of T2 where insulin resistance can be reduced through excercise and weight loss it is possible to manage without medication. Still not a bona fide cure. T1, as already mentioned, isI autoimmune in origin and there is not a food stuff known to man that can fix it. I think it is safe to say that if there were a cure we would all get on board. If you are determined to try this then go ahead but I'm afraid you will be bitterly disappointed. You may mamage to reduce your insulin, and I hope you do, but our bodies produce glucose throughout the day and insulin has to be there to meet it. Please monitor yourself closely and stay safe.

Gwilo

This sort of pie in the sky posting, coupled with its tone of being a touch holier than thou really get my goat.
My paternal grandmother was T2 - afro-carribbean origins. She lived a pretty healthy diet, and was "normal" in terms of body shape etc.....it skipped my dad (overweight) and I have just been diagnosed - granted, also overweight, but have been changing my diet for a few months now slowly, and have only recently stopped gym/exercise, which didn't lower my weight noticeably....funny how 21 stone of muscle still feels lighter than 21 stone of lard.... :D

I'd be surprised if the OP does come back, or doesn't have lots of hypo's.......and if they do come back, how can they prove that they stuck to the raw regime and the results are simply not them making it up? Cynical, but with opening posts like that one, thts' the mindset I'm going to adopt.