When do you feel unwell with your BS? Advice?

SpaceChick

Most of my readings today have been between 4.5 and 5, and I have felt like sh*t.

First time since my diagnosis that I have felt unwell. I know these readings are perfectly good and acceptable.

However, I have a bit of a dilemma.... As I feel like sh*t, should I have something to push up my glucose so I feel well, or should I force my body into a "no pain, no gain" and ride it out?

Good job I have a day off work today as I have needed a nap and a lie down I felt so rotten.

My highest reading since my meds started has been 7.4 after food which is well below the 8.5 guideline. So I know I'm doing well.

Views please?

Unbeliever

Are your levels normally higher so you think you are having a fase hypo or are they normal in the circumstances/
if you are sure it is your bs making you feel this way then it is always best to ride it out so that your body can adjust to the lower readings.
could you maybe be suffering from dehydration or something of that nature ? We are so unused to the heat we don't really know what effect it has on us.

If the heat is lowering your levels is there any adjustment you could make wih your meds?

SpaceChick

Thankyou so much for your post.

My readings are normal mid 5's, so these are lower than usual, so a false hypo would make sense.

I don't know for certain it's my BS making me feel like this, but I had tea an hour earlier than usual. 45 mins after tea and I feel much better.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
Since those levels are not dangerous, I'd say just let my body adapt to those normal non-diabetic numbers.
hana

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
I think those readings are fine and would give me no cause for concern . It must be something else making you feel rotten.

Diagnosed Type II 1998 1 x 80 mg Gliclazide, 4 x 500mg Metformin and 1 x 100mg Sitagliptin - HbA1c - 48 mmol/mol

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
SpaceChick said:
Views please?

Sounds like your body is just adjusting. At least you can feel good that your sugar levels won't be doing any damage.

Some fresh air and exercise, ie a walk, would probably perk you up but, in this warm muggy weather, I don't think you should be surprised at feeling sluggish. You and half the population are wanting to doze in the shade.

SpaceChick

I did a ten mile cycle yesterday and another 12 mile cycle this morning.

I'm guessing it was a false hypo. Feeling fab again today :D

Sid Bonkers

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Customer helplines that use recorded menus that promise to put me through to the right person but never do - and being ill. Oh, and did I mention customer helplines :)
Sounds to me as though you are feeling unwell because you are eh, unwell. I doubt if it has anything to do with your bg levels. Not everything is about diabetes sometimes you just feel rough for any number of unrelated reasons.