middle names

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
A lot of people dislike their names, a lot of the time their middle names, which get very little "air-time".

This is a bit of fun at the end of the week, who's brave enough to share theirs?
You can even rate it on the middle-name-ometer if you like. If you don't want to take part in this silliness, I won't be offended :)

To start the ball rolling, mines Alan.

There, I've said it ;)

Over to you.

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Selfish people, arseholes who think they know it all, ignoramuses, chavs and people with no manners. People who play music on the bus or train full blast on their phones.
Ps: my moaning brother in law never told me his middle name. I was a witness at my sisters and his marriage. When they said Robert Victor Taylor I tried and failed to hold it in and keep a straight face. In the end I succumbed, with shortness of breath and tears streaming down my face after looking at my sister who knew I'd crumble. I'm not proud as this is forever etched onto their wedding video. I nearly hyperventilated!

Sarah69

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Anything healthy!
Hi, my middle name is Alexis. I remember in my middle school my English teacher said that when I was older I would use my middle name instead of my 1st name, but I never did!

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Ok, mines daniel, never used it really though as I prefer my first name.

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
I just have a first name and a surname, but no middle name I'm afraid. My daughter has two middle names, plus a double barrel surname and of course a first name, so 5 in all :lol: My oldest brother has the middle name of Smith and my youngest brother has the middle name of Nelson, after a dear uncle and aunt who couldn't have children and Smith was my nan's maiden name.

Best wishes RRB :)

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Thanks for your posts! I like obscure posts like this, but then I would as I started it. My mates middle name is lloyd, which is a bit cool, but another mate is nigel and I'm not being dicriminative as it's a bit of mirth, but it's a bit like my own "alan".

zolabud

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Whelks,winkles... All crustaceous seafood except prawns. Can't do crab.lobster or scallops.
Don't like the way they are killed and cooked. Save our Scallops. SOS !!!
Also HATE evaporated milk.
My middle name is Anne. My initials spell PAM which is my name....

martwolves

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Dislikes
Nifty Stuff Pam.

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Oh! go on then. Mine is James.

badwolfreturns

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Fern,hated it when I was young but love it now

Sent from my KFTT using DCUK Forum mobile app

ronialive

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
ignorant people
my middle name is Claire- initials can be funny in what they spell.
I had to be careful as I married and became a giles. wanted to call my kids david oliver or Daniel oliver so that was out and helyn Adriana or Bethan Adriana.
I had a friend in school whose names was Abigail Sunly- Smith and another called Bithica Ursula Mookerjee

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
I don't have a middle name. My birth name is Bernadette. I hate it because I was named after a member of the family who died very young and my aunts and uncles etc couldn't bear to even call me by my name because of the memories it brought back. So they always called me 'the young one'. As soon as my mother died, I became 'known as' Grace, which is a name I chose for myself and which I like and feel comfortable with. :)

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
GraceK said:
I don't have a middle name. My birth name is Bernadette. I hate it because I was named after a member of the family who died very young and my aunts and uncles etc couldn't bear to even call me by my name because of the memories it brought back. So they always called me 'the young one'. As soon as my mother died, I became 'known as' Grace, which is a name I chose for myself and which I like and feel comfortable with. :)

I love the name Grace! I also like Bernadette, but I can understand why you may not want to use that.

I have a number of friends who prefer to use their middle names instead

GraceK

Dislikes
Marzipan
Insincere people
Big cities
Vulgarity
hale710 said:
GraceK said:

I love the name Grace! I also like Bernadette, but I can understand why you may not want to use that.

I have a number of friends who prefer to use their middle names instead

Thanks hale710 ... I suppose because of the circumstances of my naming, I was keen to give my own children names that belonged to no-one else in the family ... there was no 'act to follow' if you know what I mean ... and their names 'belonged' strictly to themselves. They both seem happy with their names. :)

imalittlefishy

My parents called me Margaret Clare (no i!). I have always hated Margaret and have been Maggie since babyhood. The only reason they didn't call me Maggie to begin with is because I was named after several Margarets on both sides of the family. I still don't respond when they call for Margaret in doctors surgeries! My middle name is after the Irish county, where my dad's family come from. Between my unusual (for my age group) first name and a long unusual (Irish!) surname that no one can ever spell, I could have done with a middle name that didn't need spelling out too! I don't mind Clare but I could never imagine being known as it - I'm a Maggie through and through. I've never met another Maggie less than 20 years older than me...

WeeWillie

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Dictators who positively go out of their way to force misery, tears and fears, upon their countryman's lives.
Politicians who, in dealing with dictators, have a wishbone where a backbone should be.
"Thomas" named after my mother's grandfather
who was long gone before I came along.

And from this moment on, one would be obliged if everyone referred to me as...

weethomaswillie :lol:

Fascinating and interesting subject I would never have thought of, markwolves.
Thank you. :thumbup:

willie.