What bread is best???

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Try entering your postcode into the Real Bread Finder, http://www.sustainweb.org/realbread/

Also read this, 'A wholegrain of truth? Industrial loaf names, claims and contents'

"A Real Bread Campaign investigation of ‘wholegrain’ loaves marketed by some of the UK’s highest profile industrial loaf manufacturers found one loaf that declared merely a miserly 6% wholemeal flour. "

http://www.sustainweb.org/publications/?id=266

I bake my own or go to a trusted artisan bread maker.

Wholemeal flour has to have the contents of the whole grain, and that includes the indigestible fibres which are cellulose or hemicellulose beta carbohydrates.

But, for some reason, wholemeal loaves do not have to use wholemeal flour, just some.

HpprKM

Dislikes
Self absorbed and rude people! Motorists who are oblivious to the rest of the world, and really don't give a ****!
For me, small Burgen -as husband eats regular cut loaf!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
+1 for burgen Soya and linseed bread, 1 slice toasted with 2 poached eggs sets me up in the morning.

Mark

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
Do you have to make sukrin bread yourself from a mix?

Mark

David82

Dislikes
High carb foods lol
Im after going on to wholegrain now because i find my BL is lower and more steady after it... i have to try the burgen bread for a week or two, to see whats it like, (hearing good things about it) your info has being very helpful thank you all :D

David82

Dislikes
High carb foods lol
Im after going on to wholegrain now because i find my BL is lower and more steady after it... i have to try the burgen bread for a week or two, to see whats it like, (hearing good things about it) your info has being very helpful thank you all :D

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
David82 said:

In Iceland (the frozen food store :) ) they sell Burgen bread all the time for £1 a loaf, much cheaper than the likes of Tesco and Asda.