Almost on the pump

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got invited to take a look at the accu check hand set for their combo pump today. I'm so excited I was like my kids at Christmas opening the box and having a play.
Afterwards the nurse turned round and said to me and the other person there that there is good news ( both of us start acting like 5yr olds!!), I would like to pencil you in to start on the pump on the 19th Aug.
Bad news is we're still waiting on the pct for the funding, should find out in the next couple of weeks!

I'm not sure I can wait for the pct it's making me nervous not knowing their answer about the funding.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

RichardJ

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
I'm not sure about you but now I'm this close to getting a pump and with all the reviews I've read on the company's websites and on here, I don't think I'll be able to accept any other answer than yes. I really hope the pct will give the funding.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
RichardJ said:
Got invited to take a look at the accu check hand set for their combo pump today. I'm so excited I was like my kids at Christmas opening the box and having a play.
Afterwards the nurse turned round and said to me and the other person there that there is good news ( both of us start acting like 5yr olds!!), I would like to pencil you in to start on the pump on the 19th Aug.
Bad news is we're still waiting on the pct for the funding, should find out in the next couple of weeks!

I'm not sure I can wait for the pct it's making me nervous not knowing their answer about the funding.

Fingers crossed for the funding Richard, please let us know how you get on and best of luck :thumbup:

RRB

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Nice one !!!

Sent from my GT-S5360 using DCUK Forum mobile app

Tanya241

Hi I am 33 and from Pembrokeshire being referred for a pump. Can any1 local to withybush hospital tell me what pump options there are please. Have done a lot of research but I know not all hospitals offer all the pumps and don't want to be dissappointed if the 1 I like is not available.

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Hi tanya, think there was a choice of pumps but I asked for the one that does smallest doses so had the accu chek combo, also like the bluetooth so don't have to touch the pump unless changing cannulas. Also under withybush (wave)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Yeah did the dafne course not long after diagnosis :)

mrman

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Got pump roughly about 2 years after diagnosis and roughly 18 months after the dafne course

arlakhana

Hi,

I have just been advised that my Medical Fund has approved the Medtronic Paradigm Veo, and will start being prepared and trained to use it.

Have been Diabetic for 14 years, on insulin for the last 8, and despite that, have had very erratic highs and lows!

The pump has continuous glucose monitoring, so I am optimistic about improving my control