havent a clue

bevth

hi i had a blood test 2 weeks ago and it came ack that i had diabetes my
Hba1c was 52 carnt remember what else and doctor thought this was very high ut she said she didnt know what type i had ut thought type 2 coz ive got no symptons any way shes doing another blood test on the 1st and a cholestrol test not a fasting blood test anyway i went out drinking the other night and there was keytones in my urine ut when i drank water it ecame cler anyway i had 2 glass4s of wine last night and decided to test while i was drinking and there was keytones again so i had another and it got worse would i still have keytones in my urine if i was type 2 diabetes the doctor didnt tell me anything really just said wait for the next results

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
bevth said:
hi i had a blood test 2 weeks ago and it came ack that i had diabetes my
Hba1c was 52 carnt remember what else and doctor thought this was very high ut she said she didnt know what type i had ut thought type 2 coz ive got no symptons any way shes doing another blood test on the 1st and a cholestrol test not a fasting blood test anyway i went out drinking the other night and there was keytones in my urine ut when i drank water it ecame cler anyway i had 2 glass4s of wine last night and decided to test while i was drinking and there was keytones again so i had another and it got worse would i still have keytones in my urine if i was type 2 diabetes the doctor didnt tell me anything really just said wait for the next results

52 is high but not horribly high - sounds more like Type II - what you do not say is what the blood glucose levels were when you tested? Clear urine indicates that you are well hydrated so do not be mislead by that.

bevth

i dont know what it was when ive looked on diaetes it says that type 2 dont usually have keytones in their urine thats what im more worried about and why do i get it when ive had alchohol carnt i drink any more then im not a heavy drinker anyway

Neil Walters

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
not being Grumpy
bevth said:
i dont know what it was when ive looked on diaetes it says that type 2 dont usually have keytones in their urine thats what im more worried about and why do i get it when ive had alchohol carnt i drink any more then im not a heavy drinker anyway

it is nothing to panic about - many of us occasionally get keytones but normally only for me when the readings have been quite high - you need to note the level of BS as that is the most important thing and the only reference point to know what is going on - take your level again there can be lots of reasons