Cooking Mess

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I LOVE cooking, but I hate that it's so messy!

I've just made a lasagne for us to have for dinner tonight, and looking at my kitchen you'd think there had been some sort of fight.

Sigh......

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
haha I'm the same, we cook like a chicken stir fry and suddenly all the pots and pans have been used up and we have a million tubs surrounding the sink! I like baking...but then afterwards myself and the kitchen are covered in flour and icing sugar :lol:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I like baking too, but I'm not actually very good at it. I did make rock cakes this morning though. So simple that even I can't screw it up!

Maybe if I leave it until my partner gets home from work he'll clean it up....

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I do all of those things. I have chopping boards for some processes. I have two dishwashers and if things get out of hand I have three vacuum cleaners. The most valuable thing I have is a lot of wildlife around the house.

The old cat food is left out for anyone that wants it. Bread is enjoyed by the crows who knock on the windows and doors to be fed. I put chicken carcases on the lawn and one went in three seconds. I don't know who took it. All of the others have disappeared though.

Mind you, the kitchen is still a mess. I haven't found an animal that cleans kitchens so far. I have a ferret that adds to the wreckage.

H

Hooked

I clean as I go, so much less carnage to clear away afterwards. I wish the same could be said of everyone else in the house, even after they have "cleaned" the kitchen I still have to go back in to do everything properly..... And I ain't no clean freak. (Wish I was, life would be much easier if I enjoyed cleaning!)

Dogs are great for clearing up fallen food. I feel sorry for people who don't have pet dogs; they have to clean their floors themselves. :wink:

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hale710 said:
I LOVE cooking, but I hate that it's so messy!

I've just made a lasagne for us to have for dinner tonight, and looking at my kitchen you'd think there had been some sort of fight.

Sigh......

Absolutely love lasagna and it has to be one of my fave meals :)

The best way is to clean as you go along, nothing worse than enjoying a nice meal then facing a mountain of dishes afterwards :thumbdown:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes the dog is very good at cleaning the floor!

I've done all the dishes now so at least when we eat all we'll have to clear up iS our plates!

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Haha so true, the hamster escaped the other day and I found her in the corner of the kitchen munching on something crumby so heaven know's what she found. Obviously something delicious :lol:

izzzi

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
I am a disaster, I am a freak.
I blow my top when they load the dishwasher wrong.
I clean everything as I cook.
All the rest of the family just tell me to leave it. till when I ask.
images

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
izzzi said:
images

There is definitely a correct way to load a dishwasher! I hate putting pans in because it wastes space. And if something is really dirty it needs to be rinsed first!

H

Hooked

hale710 said:
izzzi said:
images

There is definitely a correct way to load a dishwasher! I hate putting pans in because it wastes space. And if something is really dirty it needs to be rinsed first!

Lol,I thought I was the only freak who rearranges the dishwasher after others stack it and preach about rinsing off dishes, washing pots by hand etc. :lol:

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hooked said:
hale710 said:
izzzi said:
images

Lol,I thought I was the only freak who rearranges the dishwasher after others stack it and preach about rinsing off dishes, washing pots by hand etc. :lol:

Perhaps we've just discovered a link between diabetes an dishwasher OCD!