My Diabetes My Way (Scotland NHS)

dm1983

Anyone use this website?

Am I right in thinking the green zones on the charts are for "normal" or "good" results?

jaycee33

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
From their website-
Eat starchy foods at each meal

Include plenty of starchy foods e.g. bread, potatoes, pasta, rice, breakfast cereals etc. Try to choose those that are higher in fibre, if possible. Some fibre rich foods can slow down the rise in blood sugar, which could improve your diabetic control.

Eat regular amounts of starchy foods at breakfast, lunch, tea and supper. They help to fill you up and should form the main part of all your meals. These foods include -

Cereals e.g. Porridge, Weetabix, Shredded Wheat, All Bran, Muesli, Oat-based Cereals, Cornflakes and Rice Krispies
Bread and rolls - preferably whole grain
Potatoes - boiled or baked rather than roast or chips
Pasta, rice, noodles and yam
Chappati/naan bread

Do they not know carbs= sugar

Loks like the

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yes, but remember for some in Scotland, eating a baked rather than fried potato is a positive health step.

Not wishing to generalise, but Scotland has some of the worst health statistics in Europe, not just the UK. As a whole there are soem very positive initiatives ongoing in the workplace, such as HEalthy Working Lives.

I can regularly be sat in my hotel at breakfast feeling guilty about having a second slice of toast with my omlette as all around me, people are tucking into the full breakfast after having polished off cereal or patries first.

Small steps.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
ElyDave said:
Yes, but remember for some in Scotland, eating a baked rather than fried potato is a positive health step.

Not wishing to generalise, but Scotland has some of the worst health statistics in Europe, not just the UK. As a whole there are soem very positive initiatives ongoing in the workplace, such as HEalthy Working Lives.

I can regularly be sat in my hotel at breakfast feeling guilty about having a second slice of toast with my omlette as all around me, people are tucking into the full breakfast after having polished off cereal or patries first.

Small steps.

Better watch your words or next time you're in my office ill be hunting you down ;)

I am a BIG fan of a baked potato though haha

Seriously though, my experience is heavily biased towards the oil and gas industry and it frustrates me that chips are an option where ever you go. I think my work canteen is pretty good, large salad selection, good soups, always a healthier main course option. But there are ALWAYS chips.

michael D

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Yes the green bits are the bits to aim for the nearer the centre the better your doing