Glucomen LX plus and GP supplies (or not)

Jeffdh

Hi all
I have just been moved onto insulin about 3 weeks ago, and was given a Glucomen LX plus moniter to test with. To cut a long story short, I have been having out with my GP surgery over the supplies. Not a problem getting them, but they won't or can't put them on my repeat, and have to keep getting hand written precriptions. They say the supplies are not listed on the computer??!!

Has any one else had this problem?

Thanks
Jeff

JussyB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi Jeff,

I have the same meter and have no problems with repeat prescriptions for the supplies. I'm not sure if the computer system differs around the UK but my GP didn't seem to have any problems locating the supplies at the time. Now I just go to the chemist to pick them up, as and when I need.

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Sane as Jeff, I get them no problem, even had a chat with my doc about increasing the size of my repeat prescription as I'm testing a lot with driving, sports etc and work away quite a lot, so as to make it easier for me.

I'd also give Menarini a thumbs up for their service, new batteries, PC cables etc in the post in the next couple of days after asking

kangoo

I was given a Glucumen LX Plus for testing blood ketones before I was moved on to a pump. My chemist was unable to find any strips (blood glucose or blood ketones) for this meter and I had to get a different meter. My GP didn;t know why this was an issue (it's on his system but not the pharmacy's) but he was ok about changing my repeat to the new brand.