why is there no diabetes team for me

ebbsfleet

hive had type 1 diabetes for 45yrs now.but now there is no diabetes team at my local hospital.all i see is my diabetic doctor once a year and only have my feet looked at.i have to take 2hrs of work go to hospital and im only in with doctor 5mins if im lucky.doctor says if any probloms go see gp but im not happy to do that. what i really want know why theres no biabetic team for me to see.

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
Not sure. Where do you live ? Others who live nearby may know more. Without knowing where you live, difficult to answer.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

peecee

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Don't you have a diabetic nurse at your local Surgery?

Daibell

Master
Type of diabetes
LADA
Treatment type
Insulin
Your local surgery should have a GP or nurse who covers diabetes. The quality may vary depending on the size of the surgery and good/bad luck. Your annual appointment with the surgery GP/nurse should last for around 20 minutes. My DN or diabetes GP says I need to book a double appointment with reception. If your surgery doesn't cover diabetes then ask who does cover it and if necessary complain to the PCT or whatever it's now called; you have a right to the treatment that NICE recommends (see the NICE Diabetes website for info)