Animas Vibe users - how useful is the food list?

PhileasFogg

I've been using a Medtronic Veo for 4 years and now have to get a new pump. I've been looking at the Animas Vibe and Accuchek Combo and wondered how useful the customisable in-pump food list is on the Vibe. As a non user it looks to be a handy feature but just wondered what those of you with first hand experience of it think.

Thanks

Lady_luce_x

I have recently enabled the food list on my vibe. It is really really useful, you can download the carbs and cals list on to it (everything that's in the book) and then you can also add your own stuff on, so for me I've done certain things like "beans on toast" and snacky things I have at work - pretzels etc. You do it through diasend, and once you're used to it, it is helpful. I tend to remember my regular carb amounts of by heart, for example my sandwhich i have at work is 34g, but if I couldn't remember for some reason or was just rushed and trying something new,the food list is a god send. Also good for events like buffet lunches where you can't see the food packaging :)