Daytime sleepiness

big_daddy

For the past 2 weeks I have been having irregular sleeping patterns as I have been falling asleep throughout the day for an hour or 2 each day and when I decide to go sleep in another couple of hours I wake up with dry mouth and then go loo. I keep on waking up at half 1, half 2, half 3 and I decide to wake up at either half 4, half 5 or 6am. I don't know what is happening to me, but my parents think that I should now go out more often for walks, sip water and not neck down 4 pints in one go.

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
I don't think many of us have been sleeping too well in the heat of the last few weeks, if your bg's are high and your drinking loads then it's inevitable that you'll need the toilet more, walking (or any exercise) does help you sleep better.

Lilliepop

I fall asleep if I eat anything sweet and most carb food turns me into a zombie, I just can't keep my eyes open and when I do wake up its like I have a hangover. Does anyone else have the same problem?
It must be terrible waking up every hour through the night you must feel so tired through the day. I would go to the Doctor sleep is very important .

rizzo

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
I think it warrants a discussion with your GP. It could be sleep apnoea.

cott97

Type of diabetes
Type 2
You can take a test online for sleep apnoea which gives you an indication of whether you are heading in that direction - Google epworth sleepiness scale. The version I did had non sleep apnoea patients at a score between 2 & 5 and I was at 22 - made 5 different people take the test before I accepted I might just have it.....there are, like all scoring systems, variants in between.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App