August.............talk about

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Hi all

As requested by lovely Kat, an August thread, my daughter came up with the name of talk about. Anything you want to talk about, then please feel free to post anything you want to. I hope you are enjoying the start of the weekend. I cycled up to my dad's this morning, my daughter was at her friends all day :) then I watched To kill a Mockingbird on ITV 3,it's a cracking film, but I haven't read the book yet :eek:

TC

RRB :)

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
The book is much better in my opinion, one of my all time favorites. I have just finished the third book in 'The Hunger Games' trilogy and cant wait to see the second movie.

I am going to start watching 'Band of Brothers' tonight after Casualty.

Mark

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I have managed to get through 43 years without ever reading a book :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
zaphod37 said:
The book is much better in my opinion, one of my all time favorites. I have just finished the third book in 'The Hunger Games' trilogy and cant wait to see the second movie.

Mark

Thanks Mark, that's on my list then:) I found the same with Silence of the Lambs, the book was an exceptional read, but the film, not a great one as the book was far more superior. I love to read and I love the old films, I watched Brighton Rock the other day with a young Richard Attenborough in the lead role, another cracking film :thumbup:

I hope you enjoy Band of Brothers tonight :D

All the best RRB

sparkyrich

zaphod37 said:

Mark

Which just proves we ain't all the same lol, We had to read TKAMB for o level English lit and I thought it was the worst tripe I ever wasted my eyeballs on. Give me some decent sci-fi or a crime novel any day

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I like August.....my birthday is in July which I don't like so its always nice to get July over with, the hay fever season is over so my eldest stops suffering, we go down to the coast a lot and build sand castles and the carp are feeding off the top :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Andy12345 said:
I have managed to get through 43 years without ever reading a book :)

No :shock: :shock: you jest Andy????

RRB

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I tried to read dr Bernstein book but gave up....technically that's a lie I have read the 4 page kiddy books to the kids when they were babies, my brain won't let me remember what's I read at the top of the page by the time I get to the bottom, so by the end of the page I have no clue what's going on, weird huh..... I left school at 13 and no one cared.... I wonder why lol

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
sparkyrich said:
zaphod37 said:

Mark

Which just proves we ain't all the same lol, We had to read TKAMB for o level English lit and I thought it was the worst tripe I ever wasted my eyeballs on. Give me some decent sci-fi or a crime novel any day

Ah now, I think I will get the book from the library then, because if I'm not keen on it, I can return it. I love Sci films so much, especially some of the older ones, but funnily not to read, and I got interested in crime novels because of a church Christmas fayre, I was looking at lots and lots of lovely books and the man asked if I would be interested in a book called A death in Tuscany I said I don't think It would interest me....... how wrong I was, it was very good and I would recommend it. The author used to be in the Italian police force. It was a hard back and cost me 50p, also Kathy Reich's book Bare Bones was hard to put down, but Cross Bones didn't do a lot for me, same author though.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I have to read the long posts 10 times, and just accept that I only get the jist of it, then when I've posted a reply I reread it to make sure it makes sense and edit loads of times lol it's exhausting

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
sparkyrich said:
zaphod37 said:

Mark

Ah now, I think I will get the book from the library then, because if I'm not keen on it, I can return it. I love Sci films so much, especially some of the older ones, but funnily not to read, and I got interested in crime novels because of a church Christmas fayre, I was looking at lots and lots of lovely books and the man asked if I would be interested in a book called A death in Tuscany I said I don't think It would interest me....... how wrong I was, it was very good and I would recommend it. The author used to be in the Italian police force. It was a hard back and cost me 50p, also Kathy Reich's book Bare Bones was hard to put down, but Cross Bones didn't do a lot for me, same author though.

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
21st birthday ? The world will be revolving after the party hehe

Mr Happy

Andy, it might seem a silly suggestion but try reading 3 or 4 pages and then seeing what you remember. My eldest son has autism and many people see many of his traits in me, as a youngster I used to read a book a day and barely remember a page as I was reading. Several days later I could virtually recite the book, brains work in mysterious ways.

I've just tried to get my middle child, aged 8 into some classics. He's full of imagination and hyper activity but the books of yesteryear really calm and interest him. Picked up a beautiful hardback 100th anniversary edition of The Railway Children yesterday, £1.50 went to the BHF too - everybody happy!