August.............talk about

Netty70

Andy12345 said:
Netty70 said:
Andy12345 said:
Oh we'll prolly better for bg anyway :)

Well just had my bloods done and I dropped from 118/119 to 40 :)

wowwwwwww! Amazing! Gratssss :)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Thanks andy I didn't even know if it was good or not till someone on here said it was lol only been 3mths
DN thinks its a bit low :-( but gotta be better than 3mths ago :):):)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Mr Happy said:
Andy, it might seem a silly suggestion but try reading 3 or 4 pages and then seeing what you remember. My eldest son has autism and many people see many of his traits in me, as a youngster I used to read a book a day and barely remember a page as I was reading. Several days later I could virtually recite the book, brains work in mysterious ways.

I've just tried to get my middle child, aged 8 into some classics. He's full of imagination and hyper activity but the books of yesteryear really calm and interest him. Picked up a beautiful hardback 100th anniversary edition of The Railway Children yesterday, £1.50 went to the BHF too - everybody happy!

Hmmmm interesting, I will try it, I can read just fine, the words aren't jumbled I just can't keep track, It's never really troubled me, I've run a business for over ten years never been out of work, in fact haven't been out of work since 13 :) just have to assume things are ok when I sign stuff lol being a builder not an accountant was a simple choice

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Sounds pretty good to me and a little low is better than really high :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Mr Happy said:
Andy, it might seem a silly suggestion but try reading 3 or 4 pages and then seeing what you remember. My eldest son has autism and many people see many of his traits in me, as a youngster I used to read a book a day and barely remember a page as I was reading. Several days later I could virtually recite the book, brains work in mysterious ways.

I've just tried to get my middle child, aged 8 into some classics. He's full of imagination and hyper activity but the books of yesteryear really calm and interest him. Picked up a beautiful hardback 100th anniversary edition of The Railway Children yesterday, £1.50 went to the BHF too - everybody happy!

I used to read, out loud Enid Blyton's Famous Five books to my daughter ( it stopped a couple of years ago) but I still have a couple of the books upstairs, just in case ( I still love those books, exciting summer holidays, jolly good. Ginger beer, lemonade, sandwiches oh, all the things I can't eat :thumbdown: . I would also be very happy with a 100th anniversary hardback of The Railway Children, wonderful :)

RRB

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
I have a 12 yr old that wins awards etc super smart and a 10 yr old that's as daft as a brush lol my wife's a school teacher so I guess we know which got who's genes :)

Mr Happy

Andy, I'm not suggesting that everyone must read. The mind is a funny thing, I can remember that The house of the rising sun was number one in 1964 but struggle to remember my own age. Weird!

Its just that so many books are better than the films, all the Hannibal Lecter offerings for a start!

RRB - I don't know that it was a massively expensive offering to start with, but it has a beautiful red hardback and a kind of matt finish sleeve with an old artist impression type drawing. I am a bit of a geek for things like this, my grandfather was a famous (if that's thr right word book binder and artist). Spent many an hour in his study watching him cut gold leaf to restore a book cover... I actually get a bit excitable over a leather bound book, or one with a limited print run or known missing page etc.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Mr Happy said:
Andy, I'm not suggesting that everyone must read. The mind is a funny thing, I can remember that The house of the rising sun was number one in 1964 but struggle to remember my own age. Weird!

Its just that so many books are better than the films, all the Hannibal Lecter offerings for a start!

RRB - I don't know that it was a massively expensive offering to start with, but it has a beautiful red hardback and a kind of matt finish sleeve with an old artist impression type drawing. I am a bit of a geek for things like this, my grandfather was a famous (if that's thr right word book binder and artist). Spent many an hour in his study watching him cut gold leaf to restore a book cover... I actually get a bit excitable over a leather bound book, or one with a limited print run or known missing page etc.

Do you know ?I would love to work in a little old fashioned Tea room with an adjoining book shop, oh heaven, with endless cups of tea and endless books to touch and read :D :D

Mr Happy Your grandfather sounds so wonderfully interesting, I would be watching him in awe. A proper leather bound book, oh I wish :clap:

RRB :)

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
i do get to enjoy books :) i do alot of driving and dog walking so i am addicted to audio books, if im alone i have the headphones in, i just love em

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
August, I think, is going to be a good month.

My pension paid out a (small) lump sum. Paid off a few bills, bought very nice '06 Renault Kangoo van, signed off the dole. So far so good.

I have invited wonderful friends to come to Cornwall and stay, in the past they would have stayed with me. But I might have been a tad lax with the cleaning. :oops: :mrgreen: Remind me please, which end of a mop do you plug in? My friends will stay with Lorna and I will bring my mattress to here in my van and sleep on the floor in bed 3.

I have now made the decision to dig an inspection pit in my workshop, just big enough to place an A7 over, and just deep enough for a shorthouse (me). Cutting through 6" of concrete is not going to be fun. I should have dug the pit when I built the workshop. I had bought a very used mini-digger for £500 and had shifted over thirty tons of soil when I had the idea of a pit. But I was worn out and didn't want the hassle of trying to relocate two more tons of soil. Idiot.

Ah, nearly forgot. To get to my workshop I first have to carve a way through the undergrowth that forms my garden. The brambles have taken over, tough enough to kill a Triffid they are. Because I might have been a tad lax with the garden ( :oops: :mrgreen: ) I will have to buy a strimmer with brush cutter attachment. Does anyone with cleaning experience and who is keen on gardening fancy a cheap holiday in Cornwall? My local surgery will give you the necessary shots before you start work, and once I have fixed the leaky shed roof we can put a camp bed in there. Sorted.

See you soon?

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Aha, ok sub thread..... Perfects jobs...... My ideal job if I won the lottery, own a huge boarding kennel in the countryside where I could run it non profit and walk and look after different dogs all day :)

Mr Happy

I've never actually tried an audio book, I did (ahem) borrow a few pdf books for my ipad but it felt like cheating on paper - couldn't quite get on with them.

RRB - can we make that shop in a little Derbyshire village next door to a traditional bakers with a pub with ale and a log fire opposite?

Netty70

Andy12345 said:
Aha, ok sub thread..... Perfects jobs...... My ideal job if I won the lottery, own a huge boarding kennel in the countryside where I could run it non profit and walk and look after different dogs all day :)

That's my mams dream :) rehome and rescue rough collies :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
lrw60 said:
August, I think, is going to be a good month.

My pension paid out a (small) lump sum. Paid off a few bills, bought very nice '06 Renault Kangoo van, signed off the dole. So far so good.

I have invited wonderful friends to come to Cornwall and stay, in the past they would have stayed with me. But I might have been a tad lax with the cleaning. :oops: :mrgreen: Remind me please, which end of a mop do you plug in? My friends will stay with Lorna and I will bring my mattress to here in my van and sleep on the floor in bed 3.

I have now made the decision to dig an inspection pit in my workshop, just big enough to place an A7 over, and just deep enough for a shorthouse (me). Cutting through 6" of concrete is not going to be fun. I should have dug the pit when I built the workshop. I had bought a very used mini-digger for £500 and had shifted over thirty tons of soil when I had the idea of a pit. But I was worn out and didn't want the hassle of trying to relocate two more tons of soil. Idiot.

Ah, nearly forgot. To get to my workshop I first have to carve a way through the undergrowth that forms my garden. The brambles have taken over, tough enough to kill a Triffid they are. Because I might have been a tad lax with the garden ( :oops: :mrgreen: ) I will have to buy a strimmer with brush cutter attachment. Does anyone with cleaning experience and who is keen on gardening fancy a cheap holiday in Cornwall? My local surgery will give you the necessary shots before you start work, and once I have fixed the leaky shed roof we can put a camp bed in there. Sorted.

See you soon?

When do I pack? I'm good at cleaning and will tackle anything ( well, erm, not gas or electricity problems :wink: ) but anything else
no problem. Never been to Cornwall, haven't had a holiday in 16 years :( so I think I must qualify then :D

August has got off to a good start for you :thumbup:

All the best RRB :)

Andy, I used to work in Kennels many, many years ago, so that could be my grown up Saturday job :D

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Lol irw, I had a childhood ambition of driving a digger and got the opportunity to dig a slurry pit at work, was great fun....for 10 minutes two days later I'm muttering be careful what you wish for :)

Hobs

Master
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Non-insulin injectable medication (incretin mimetics)
Dislikes
Argumenative barstifferous (new word *lol*) types who think that they know everything *wink*
lrw60 said:

Dont work up a huge sweat .. hire a large disc cutter for concrete and with a good face mask cut the hard stuff up in managable chunks :thumbup: :clap: :wave:

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
August is a bit of a sad month and a happy month for me I lost my lovely mother on the 5th August 2008 and its my birthday on the 7th August