August.............talk about

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Kat100 said:
Yes happy birthday to you....it's a roast for us but not the meat for me I am the veggie.....newspapers and book in the garden.... A toasted tea cake later and a walk...lovely happy Sunday kx oh yes strawberries latter yum...

Hi Kat nice to see you, how are you doing?

I am cooking roast chicken today and my friend is coming over for dinner, dessert is Raspberry Cheesecake for my friend and daughter, not sure what I will be having.

Best wishes RRB

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Afternoon augusteers :)

I've just got home from my new god daughters christening, as if lying in church about stuff I don't believe I then had to spend hours watching people eating food I couldn't eat, and to top it off my god daughter is the ugliest baby I ever saw lol

lrw60

Dislikes
salads, meat, being bored
Andy12345 said:

I've just got home from my new god daughters christening, as if lying in church about stuff I don't believe I then had to spend hours watching people eating food I couldn't eat, and to top it off my god daughter is the ugliest baby I ever saw lol

If that's a picture of her to the right Andy then she has a ruff start in life. But, with someone like you as a role model, she can only get better!

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
To save a new thread ill ask a question if I may?.... I'm going to the docs in the morning about the whole CKD thingy and I was planning my questions carefully in my time slot and wondered if you think it would be acceptable morally, to secretly record the appt on the record feature on my phone, I don't want it for sinister reasons, just to review what he says, I wouldn't want to tell him I'm doing it as he may think I'm looking for a reason to get him in trouble etc, and not talk freely, what do you think?

susanmanley

Mr Happy said:
Andy, it might seem a silly suggestion but try reading 3 or 4 pages and then seeing what you remember. My eldest son has autism and many people see many of his traits in me, as a youngster I used to read a book a day and barely remember a page as I was reading. Several days later I could virtually recite the book, brains work in mysterious ways.

I've just tried to get my middle child, aged 8 into some classics. He's full of imagination and hyper activity but the books of yesteryear really calm and interest him. Picked up a beautiful hardback 100th anniversary edition of The Railway Children yesterday, £1.50 went to the BHF too - everybody happy!

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

This is interesting. I used to be a great reader often having 3 or 4 books on the go and keeping track of them all as well as all the reading for my job. I had a breakdown in 2005 [ nothing to do with the reading] and suddenly found it almost impossible to make sense of a paragraph, let alone a book.
Have started reading a bit more now and have been given a Kindle by my daughter. I have managed a couple of short books on this...pretty trashy ones but easy plots....and gradually getting back to a good read. Also joined a book club and have read last months book but now cannot remember what it was about and meeting on tuesday.

THE BRAIN IS A FUNNY THING!!

K

Kat100

Hi Robinredbrest....great to be in touch with you...hope you are enjoying summer......glad your thread is up and running its great to keep us all together.....

I am having a sofa moment now....watching some tv...
Waiting for the white queen to start.....I like that....

I managed my walk this afternoon......so that's good...
I have another op in a few weeks so trying to keep fit...
I aim to to be a new "girl" by the end of the year....

I have just been on Facebook I am a novice...supporting all those cats and dogs by giving them. Like.....

Hope all is well with you....food sounded lovely...
Tc chat soon best wishes kx

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
susanmanley said:
Mr Happy said:
Andy, it might seem a silly suggestion but try reading 3 or 4 pages and then seeing what you remember. My eldest son has autism and many people see many of his traits in me, as a youngster I used to read a book a day and barely remember a page as I was reading. Several days later I could virtually recite the book, brains work in mysterious ways.

I've just tried to get my middle child, aged 8 into some classics. He's full of imagination and hyper activity but the books of yesteryear really calm and interest him. Picked up a beautiful hardback 100th anniversary edition of The Railway Children yesterday, £1.50 went to the BHF too - everybody happy!

This is interesting. I used to be a great reader often having 3 or 4 books on the go and keeping track of them all as well as all the reading for my job. I had a breakdown in 2005 [ nothing to do with the reading] and suddenly found it almost impossible to make sense of a paragraph, let alone a book.
Have started reading a bit more now and have been given a Kindle by my daughter. I have managed a couple of short books on this...pretty trashy ones but easy plots....and gradually getting back to a good read. Also joined a book club and have read last months book but now cannot remember what it was about and meeting on tuesday.

THE BRAIN IS A FUNNY THING!!

Cool I never met anyone with the same experience :) it's very odd and hard to describe, I don't really mention it normally because its never bothered me as I never had a need to use reading for anything important, that sounds like I can't read but it isn't that at all I can read fine and my spelling is great, and my memory seems fine, well no worse than anyone else's for examples I use a lot of drawings for pricing at work therefore use the fax machine an awful lot and remember a ridiculous amount of fax numbers and my maths is great so I don't think I'm dumb as such, I just never took an exam in anything in my life hehe so I'll assume I'd get straight a's :)

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Andy12345 said:

I don't really want to say this, but that is so funny :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: thank you, RRB :D

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Kat100 said:
Hi Robinredbrest....great to be in touch with you...hope you are enjoying summer......glad your thread is up and running its great to keep us all together.....

I am having a sofa moment now....watching some tv...
Waiting for the white queen to start.....I like that....

I managed my walk this afternoon......so that's good...
I have another op in a few weeks so trying to keep fit...
I aim to to be a new "girl" by the end of the year....

I have just been on Facebook I am a novice...supporting all those cats and dogs by giving them. Like.....

Hope all is well with you....food sounded lovely...
Tc chat soon best wishes kx

Hi Kat :)

Aahhhh a sofa moment, nice. My big male cat Sonny, is sitting right next to me right now, he keeps pushing his head onto the Ethernet cable which is attached to this computer, now he's washing his paws.

Can I ask what operation you are having? if it's ok, it's good to get some exercise and to try and stay fit, I haven't been out today, but I cleaned the bathroom, tackled ironing, cooked dinner, did most of the washing up and now on the computer. I did enjoy my dinner, and the other two, daughter and friend, scoffed down the Raspberry cheesecake :x friend has gone home and has forgotten to take the stone present we bought her from a Farm last week, I told her she would forget it and she did :lol:

RRB x

K

Kat100

Hi robinredbreast......lovely to hear from you.....
This next op is having my gall bladder removed....it's not in a good state have had a few flare ups where I ave been in and e....so painful....will be glad when it's done. Last month it was gyni ops....painful having a bit of a strange year....will get better though....

Your cat sounds lovely so does your daughter.....it's forgetting problem gets worse I find lol....I am sure your friend had a nice time though....

It's never ending all his house work lol....keeps us busy though....all my washing dried outside the heat is good for that...love doing washing....bed clothes all nice and fresh....
Ironing.....ummmmm to so sure about that one ......
Hope we continue to have a lovely long and warm summer......people seem o be more happier....tc and chat soon love kx

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
People who try to tell me what to do
Kat I had my gallbladder out last year I was having flare ups every week they were so painful I don't think some people understand how bad the pain can get since it was taken out its lovely knowing I'm not going to suffer that pain again .when's your op ? Hope you have a speedy recovery as I did

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Kat100 said:
Hope that makes sense my words have a mind of their own...... Kx

Hi Kat sorry to hear of your gallbladder problems, I wish you good luck and a speedy recovery when you have the Op.

An older male friend has just been diagnosed with Gall stones as he was having recurrent pain, he has a small tear in his Gallbladder and has to go on a low fat diet, he's not diabetic, but has a bit of a large waist band, he may have to have keyhole surgery.

My cat Sonny, is getting on now, he has vision problems due to high blood pressure, which was originally 230, then 200 and now 165, so the tablets are at last working, poor old soul X

Hoping to go out for the day tomorrow, trying to find somewhere different, so it will a train, bus and or taxi as well, as I don't drive and the weather in the South should be nice tomorrow.

How's everyone's day going, I hope it's not a ' I don't like Monday's day' :eek:

Take care

RRB :)

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Trust me to pick this week for a weeks holiday off work when I think of the weather we have had and now this week really heavy rain oh well at least I'm not at work

Andy12345

Expert
Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Doctors
Your mistake wasn't the week you chose to have off work, your mistake was the country you chose to be born in, a sensible foetus would have chosen Florida

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Shzz46 said:
Trust me to pick this week for a weeks holiday off work when I think of the weather we have had and now this week really heavy rain oh well at least I'm not at work

Oh dear, well it has just started to rain quite heavily now, but I'm sure tomorrow will be nice and sunny.

Shzz, what have you planned for your week off? anything exciting or interesting?

RRB :)

Shzz46

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Lol andy if only we could pick .rrb nothing planned just enjoying the time off work I'm hoping to go to beamish on wednesday a birthday treat I have never been there even tho its only about a 1/2 hour drive from us