levemir and tinitus...??

gazjones

Dislikes
Mortgages!! Decorating, Gardening!
Hi,

About a year ago I chnged from humulin to levemir as my long lasting insulin along side my fast acting humalog... all good for me in many aspects...... but......

I dont know whether this is cooincidence, in the last year I have developed tinitus (high pitched ringing in my ears). I do work in a reasonably noisy environment but not so that I need to wear protection, though i do anyway.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with levemir or with being type 1 in general ?

Thanks

Rosiediabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Hi gaz,

I was diagnosed with type 1 last week on Thursday and I too have tinnitus, since a year ago.
My tinnitus is different to yours - I have pulsatile tinnitus, which means I can hear my heart beat in my ear constantly.

I asked my doctor wether they thought it was related, but they did not. (will let you know if this changes)

Sorry I can't really help you, but I thought you might like to know you aren't alone!

As for your tinitus, I've found doctors to be terribly unhelpful about it - telling people to listen to music and live with it... My advise is to keep bugging the doctors and to drown out the tinitus when sleepiing - put a fan on, or music or sleep with tv on or white noise
Incredibly sucky, but it makes it a little more bearable.

Hope your tinitus goes away, :)

Rosie

Rosiediabetes

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
I shouldn't be - I've just been rehydrated via drip at the hospital! It was noisy whilst I was on that too.