Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
Faith* said:
noblehead said:
Faith* said:
I’ve just started the Onken Natural Yoghurts, there so gross so I’ve started having it with strawberries to make it taste a bit nicer. What else can I try?

WHAT........ :shock:

I love it and I think it was me that suggested Onken yoghurt to you Faith, if your looking for sweetened yoghurt you'll find that the carb value will go up.

Haha it was you that suggested it lol It's ok I tried something different this morning, I only used 50g of the yoghurt mixed in with my strawberries cut up small and a very small amount of sweetner and it was HEAVEN! So I take it back, I love my new low carb yoghurt hahaha :lol:

I'll let you off this time :wink:

Patch13

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Thundercat said:
How do you make courgettes into spaghetti?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

I have a lurch machine thing that I put the courgette on, turn the handle and it slice the courgettes into thin spaghetti like strands. Then I use it like I would spaghetti. Not quite the same of course but an enjoyable substitute - even my husband eats it instead of spaghetti now!!

My machine is like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B00008W ... X110_SY190

But you can get similar things that do the same job.
It's better with softer veg, but you can use it with harder veg too.

Patch13

Engineer88

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
just had a carb free pizza! soooo good. and even better is the lack of insulin to go with!!

SamJB

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Is that with the cauliflower base? Its brilliant! Forgot all about that, I'll have to put it back on the menu!

carol39

I try to lost weight by doing slimming world but my weight stay the same for two week now I on a pump be on it for4 years our do I find out about low carb diet and how much carb to had a day and carb count to need some help

Faith*

Dislikes
Arrogant/unhelpful people. Spiders/bugs basically anything with 6-8 legs. Creeps me out.
Hate mud unless I'm camping oddly
Engineer88 said:
just had a carb free pizza! soooo good. and even better is the lack of insulin to go with!!

wow - recipe please??

toastlover

I've just started low carbing and my diet is along the lines of:

Breakfast: Black coffee with cream (the flavoured ones are lush - try cinder toffee), berries and nuts. At weekends I opt for eggs and bacon.

Lunch: Salad with cheese and a variety of meats. Dessert spoon of coleslaw.

Dinner: Meat with veggies, or omelette.

Snacks: Nuts, cottage cheese,apple, cold meats.

How can I improve this?