Feelings

jake60

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Hello Erin I'm 60 but today feel 140.
I have grand children ranging from 2 years old to 17 years old and I worry about the younger ones ... those around your age.
Not cos they have diabetes but because they are on the internet!!!!
You sound quite intelligent and mature and I'm sure you have been told a hundred times already but now it's a 101 times ok ... stay safe on line!
That means I could have said hi my names Jake and I'm ten ... and eventually talked you into meeting me because you wouldn't know that I'm really a 140.
Sooooo don't ever ever meet any of us ok?
Stay safe ... don't give your phone number out without your mum knowing exactly what's going on.
Don't ever never ever give your address out that's a big no no.
I never tell people my private details not even my real name.
Are you on face book?
If you are you might have put more details up about yourself than is wise.
Did you know for instance that if you send me an email I can type that email into the search box on face book and it will take me straight to your account if it's the same email address that you used to join face book ... I bet you didn't know that!
Try it. Type your mums email address or a friends into face book and you'll see what I mean.
Theres a fair few adults don't know this stuff too.
I use a different email address for each seperate thing I do online.
I have a lot of email addresses!!!!
Stay safe little fellah.

John7956

Hi Erin, I am 19 and was diagnosed when I was about 14 but had someone else I know in school diagnosed at the same time (he was probably the same age as you are).
I know how hard it can be being diagnosed with diabetes, it is important though to remember that it is not a disaster. You can do everything else that a non diabetic person does.
I find it important to say- "You are a person with diabetes not a diabetic!!" (You control the diabetes, it doesn't control you)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Sparklez

Hi Erin
I am 11 and I was diagnose with diabetes 4 weeks ago! At the moment I am having a honeymoon period and that I will continue having honeymoon for a year!! Do you have any dogs? I have a 6 month old flatcoat puppy called Flynn!! Here is a picture of him

Please reply so I can have at least one person to talk to
Rhianna xx

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375723528.012628.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375723528.012628.jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 764

Trinity_32

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Fish
Hiya Erin, my name is Jess and I'm 32. I was diagnosed with type 1 when I was 12. Some days I feel in control and some days I feel like I know nothing!! I recently started carb counting and this has helped my blood levels a lot. I don't know many people with diabetes so this forum helps and people are very supportive. Good luck x