Diabetic ID

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
That is my one. It was really comfortable.... Until I became allergic to it! It seems the metal plate has nickel in it. Other than that no complaints :)

When I'm doing sports I use a more obvious silicon one with insulin dependent really clear.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375795866.440696.jpg
    ImageUploadedByDCUK Forum1375795866.440696.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 1,944
H

Hooked

hale710 said:
That is my one. It was really comfortable.... Until I became allergic to it! It seems the metal plate has nickel in it. Other than that no complaints :)

When I'm doing sports I use a more obvious silicon one with insulin dependent really clear.

Ah no, I'm allergic to nickel too! Must remember to double check with companies if theirs contain nickel or not. It's lovely otherwise! 8)

mo1905

BANNED
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Rude people !
hale710 said:

Shame you can't wear it. One o the more "acceptable" ones I've seen. Some of these bracelets are like dog collars lol ! Where did you get yours Hale ?

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I honestly can't remember... Somewhere online. I spent ages looking for them! If I find the confirmation email ill let you know

I'm hoping I can reuse the engraved plate somehow. Potentially making myself a new bracelet that goes between it and my skin.

I've had the nickel allergy for years but never on my wrists until now :( that's why I didn't check when buying it!

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
got one from ICEID.co.uk.

This one, in blue http://www.iceid.co.uk/new-ice-id-pro-everyday/

6 lines of type with name, NOK name, NOK phone numbers (home and mobile), diagnosis and blood group. I was going to get one anyway for when out running, cycling etc, then I had my diagnosis.

H

Hooked

faeoj said:
eBay and amazon do some nice ones and are quite cheap!! I got mine from my identity doctor :)

Will have a look on ebay and amazon, though I'm cautious that I'd get good quality. The My identity doctor website appears to be American, do they have a UK supplier?

faeoj

I have a silicon one from eBay and its good but if your after a metal one I'd have a look on amazon!! just google medic alerts or something along that line and you should be sorted :)

H

Hooked

Sarah69 said:
I don't wear one.

I was made to wear a chunky chain one as a teen and hated it. So unattractive, even though I was given the choice of which one I wanted. :lol: The ones nowadays look much nicer.

I've gone hypo a few times with no symptoms, just happened to pick up on them with my blood tests during the day. So now I worry what happens if I'm out and about and keel over.

angieG

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I got mine from Amazon and it looks smart, just search for...

"Colour Insulin Dependant Diabetic Medical Alert Bracelet - Stainless Steel - One size fits all - Totally Adjustable"

Had a few comments from people about it too.

Regards
Angie

H

Hooked

Will look those suggestions up, thanks. :D

hale710 said:
Seems I got mine from theidbandco.com

Cool! I'm gonna see if they do a nickel free version. :wink: