Old test strip containers what would the wombles do?

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
I have a small collection of empty test strip containers now, and apart from recycling them in the usual way I was wondering if we could come up with other ways of using them, just like the wombles of old (very old). To start off I have a few suggestions.

Emergency shot glass
Fishing hook container (free piercing with every container)
Keep your matches dry while camping/hiking.
Bug catcher for the kids (with breathing holes in the lid)

How many uses can you think of?

Mark

H

Hooked

zaphod37 said:
I have a small collection of empty test strip containers now, and apart from recycling them in the usual way I was wondering if we could come up with other ways of using them, just like the wombles of old (very old). To start off I have a few suggestions.

Emergency shot glass

Mark

Great idea to use them to keep matches dry! I'll have to remember that one for sure.
:lol: :lol: :lol: at the shot glasses.

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
Kids could use them for Art and Crafts on a rainy day.

To put your day's tablets in when out and about.

Or Uncle Bulgaria could fashion a small hip flask, just for him, on the colder Wimbledon Common days :wink:

RRB :)

Geocacher

They're waterproof and when covered with camouflage tape or paint they make ideal cache containers for geocaching because they easily hold a log and small piece of a pencil just like those nice, but sadly now obsolete, 35mm film containers.

Since I changed meters I no longer have a ready supply of cache containers... didn't think of that at the time, wish I would have.

Can't say I'd ever need an emergency shot glass, in an emergency it is perfectly acceptable to swill one's intoxicant of choice directly from the bottle!

dabbit

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullying, vegetables
Sent from the Diabetes Forum App paint pots for youngsters, pot to put daisies in when kids pick them for you, seed containers?

Serena51

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
bigots, racists, homophobes
When I have to go in to the hospital, I fill one with pound coins and keep it in my washbag.

Also I use them for saving seeds.

A

Anonymous

zaphod37 said:

Emergency shot glass

Mark

How about making them into earrings or a necklace ... more distinctive than 'invisible' wrist-bands!

Yorksman

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Diet only
Here's an idea for our antipodean friends:

$T2eC16RHJHgE9n0yFmj)BQsLvGFSDQ~~60_12.JPG

A

Anonymous

Ha! Or place a few grains of rice in two of them and you have a pair of maracas for midgets. Aye, aye aye .. the beat is crazy .. :crazy:

Or stick one inside each cheek and make someone an offer they can't refuse!

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
My ferret has been known to get up on the table and steal my test strip pod. I don't know why he doesn't play with the toys provided.

Now I leave a few empty pods in places he might go as a diversionary tactic. He seems to leave those alone though.

A

Anonymous

Squire Fulwood said:
My ferret has been known to get up on the table and steal my test strip pod. I don't know why he doesn't play with the toys provided.

Now I leave a few empty pods in places he might go as a diversionary tactic. He seems to leave those alone though.

I would imagine your ferret comes in handy when you run out of lancets!

zaphod37

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Diet only
Dislikes
Prejudice and bullying
My brother is using them for his fishing kit for shot and small fiddly bits, he asked me if I had any more yesterday, I told him no because the one i have is half full of test strips. He asked me if i could hurry up.... I test 6 times per day already :shock:

Some of your uses had me chuckling a wee bit, I think your ferret just wants to keep you on your toes :lol:

Mark

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Thanks guys. I've been diabetic for years and never thought about reusing these. But I run a workshop with kids. I think I will get them planting seeds in them. ;)

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

A

Anonymous

Squire Fulwood said:
gezzathorpe said:
I would imagine your ferret comes in handy when you run out of lancets!

Another ferret owner I see.

No ... quite like them but don't own one. I understand when they get hold they don't let go ... but like 'er indoors! :roll:

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Bullies, Liars, Trolls and dishonest cruel people
:idea: Mobile Commodes, paint them green and they could be used by Leprechauns especially on St Patricks day :lol:

RRB :)

Reactions: 2 people