Article in Mail on Sunday - message getting through?

jacquirs

Dislikes
being ill/not being in control
Hi guys

did anyone see the article ticked away at the back of "You" magazine yesterday, page 127 entitled "A low GI Lifeline for diabetics"?

it revealed that Prof Charles Clark is advocating low GI diet for diabetics and gave a case study of Type 1 who eventually got her weight etc under control by following low GI

nothing new in here for us diehards but interesting take is that the "Low GI" actually reads like "No Carbs" as it states reducing starchy and sugary foods (including fruit) and basing the diet on protein, good fats oily fish and unlimited veg.....

maybe the world is turning, or am i just a flawed optimist??

sixfoot

And again in Daily Express today 09/12/08 large article on the issue of Fats and the advice currently given. May be there is a groundswell of shift after all

Dave P

sixfoot

But then again !!!
in order to present a balanced view this appeared in the Daily Express 13/12/08 page 20 by David Roberts, Entitled " DONT FORGET YOUR CARBS", They did a study of women aged 22-55 and found that not eating carbs could cause memory loss.

Being a lo carber i have an opinion !!
Being a gentleman i couldnt possibly comment !!! :D

Dave P

C

catherinecherub

Hi sixfoot,
The mind boggles as to what would have been found if the study had been done on men between 22 - 55.
Too much of a lady to comment,
Regards, Catherine.

hanadr

Expert
Dislikes
soaps on telly and people talking about the characters as if they were real.
And I thought that never being able to find my keys was because my mind is so full of other stuff!
And I'm almost 62

IanD

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Carbohydrates
Sorry - what are we talking about :?: :wink: :?:

candyrel

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Dislikes
loathe cheese and yoghurt, spinach, rhubarb and apricots
my mind wanders quite happily sometimes forgetting to come back for days :shock:

sixfoot

Candyrel just a few add-ons to your comments its also cheaper than planes trains or buses and you dont have to pay extra for legroom or have baggage restrictions :D or queue up for that matter, Door to Anywhere in the blink of an eye :D

See you on the beach

Dave P