Changing ratios

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
It's so frustrating that ratios change so frequently! Just when I think I've got my breakfast one set it changes again.

I wish it were more simple!

amberzak

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Dislikes
Competitive sport. I'm more of a for fun type person.
Could it be you have a different ratio in the morning to the rest of the day. I'm like that. I have a ratio of 1 to 8 in the morning and 1 to 10 after.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup I have that already. It's just my morning ratio I'm having to tweak right now though and I cannot fathom why! One of those things I guess

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Yup I have that already. It's just my morning ratio I'm having to tweak right now though and I cannot fathom why! One of those things I guess

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how that has posted 5 times.....

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
Not sure how that has posted 5 times.....

daisy1

Legend
Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
Dislikes
Cruelty towards animals.
You pressed Submit several times as you thought your post hadn't worked but it's because the forum is so slow at the moment! It remembers every time submit is pressed.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
daisy1 said:
You pressed Submit several times as you thought your post hadn't worked but it's because the forum is so slow at the moment! It remembers every time submit is pressed.

Must be it! I only use the forum app and it keeps logging me out and not letting me sign back in too. Very frustrating!

Oh well. The app won't fix my ratios anyway so it doesn't matter lol

noblehead

Guru
Retired Moderator
Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Pump
Dislikes
Disrespectful people
hale710 said:
It's so frustrating that ratios change so frequently! Just when I think I've got my breakfast one set it changes again.

If I'm right in thinking your still in the Honeymoon period Hale so your ratio's will change frequently. Even for those who have been diagnosed for years it's never good idea to become complacent and think that your insulin to carb ratio's are set in stone, it's frustrating I know but worth persevering with to get good control.

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
noblehead said:
hale710 said:

If I'm right in thinking your still in the Honeymoon period Hale so your ratio's will change frequently. Even for those who have been diagnosed for years it's never good idea to become complacent and think that your insulin to carb ratio's are set in stone, it's frustrating I know but worth persevering with to get good control.

Yes still in the honeymoon so things can be a bit all over the place at times. My breakfast and lunch ratios are fairly static (assuming I account for external effects like exercise) but breakfast is a law in itself

Oh well, variety is the spice of life I guess ;)

ElyDave

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
about 50:1 at lunchtime today :D

Working hard in the garden, dealing with a mass of brambles and pyracantha. Pre lunch reading of 2.9, I stayed out ten minutes too long while loading the trailer.

Jelly babies, chocolate, toast and eges and my +2hr reading was 6.0

i've not had that big a drop doing gardening before now.

Roberto

Breakfasts are the same for me....

Fine all week, same 1:15 ratio for the same breakfast of porridge and a low fat yoghurt. Then today was up at 10.3 2 hours after. It's frustrating!

hale710

Type of diabetes
Type 1
Treatment type
Insulin
I was 9.3 3.5 hours after today so I took an extra half unit with lunch.....10.7 after lunch. Guess it's just one of those days!