Hair / nail growth

B

badcat

Since changing to low carb high good fats diet my hair has been growing like to topsey so much so that my hairdresser has had to start cutting it every 3-4 weeks to retain any semblance of a style. The podiatrists have also had to increase the frequency of appts to cope with the current rate of growth of my toe nails. Same thing with my fingernails too
I'm taking it as a sign of improved health but who knows maybe I'm just going over to the dark side!

viviennem

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Other
Dislikes
Football. Bad manners.
I wish I had your problems! My hair is thinning and my nails are ridging vertically and splitting. I've tried supplements but nothing works well.

My GP, lovely though he is, merely smiles pityingly at me. Grrr!

What's your secret? Are you on metformin etc?

Viv 8)

B

badcat

I'm on Gliclizide but its only since I've been having loads of fats like avocados, nuts, coconut oil etc with v low carbs (under 50-60g) that things have started to grow rampantly!

ChrisOT61

Type of diabetes
Type 2
This struck a cord with me as I have noticed that my hair has grown quicker than normal over the last month or so since I have been following a low carb diet and taking metformin. I've noticed it because my roots are growing out quicker than they normally do and I have had to make a hair appt much sooner than usual! I didn't put it together Neil I read your post and thought hey that's me as well!

Chris x

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App