Type 1 & TTC

hdm_84

Hello,

I'm type 1 diabetic on an insulin pump & my husband & I are currently trying to conceive. I've read on other forums that people's sugar levels start to change once they're pregnant & was wondering how soon after conception this starts? Also, did your levels go higher or lower? Did it take you long to conceive in the first place?

Thanks in advance for any responses.

HM

Mel24

Re: Type 1 & TTC

Mine went lower and it was about the forth week into the pregnancy when I noticed. Usually shows up when morning sickness etc symptoms show up well that's what I have found and I have had four babies with type one diabetes.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

MrsDMiles

Great group on Facebook called the sugar mummy's! I thought it was for parents of diabetic children but its lots of diabetic ladies pregnant or trying to get pregnant!! X

Hellbunny

Type of diabetes
Type 1

I'm in the sugar mummy group too! My levels doubled from conception which is what made me test, but until 20 weeks it was up and down and it took more to correct, I also had a lot of hypos too, from 24weeks I had a steady pattern of needing to increase every few days, I'm 36 weeks now x

hdm_84

Congratulations on your pregnancy! Tbh I think I'm so desperate to conceive that I'm just looking for any sign that I might be pregnant! I had a weird day yesterday where I just kept going low so that got my hopes up. I would've only ovulated last Monday though so I know it's unlikely to mean anything. Only been ttc for two months but it feels like forever. Did it take you guys long?

Fallen_skydive_angel

Type of diabetes
Type 1

Hi Hellbunny, im looking for that group on fb and can't find it. Loads of pages and groups for 'sugar mummy's' if you get my drift, but struggling to find the right one. Any suggestions? Thanks.