Does anyone use FenuGreek Seeds

ARG Cape

Dislikes
Fast Food
HI there does Does anyone use FenuGreek Seeds... I have one to 2 cups a day ... take a teaspoon of seeds and soak it in boiling water and the drink it about 3hours later ... it seems to work for me and keeps my sugar levels more regulated...

but then today I read this online and wondered why

"Fenugreek : The leaves and seeds of fenugreek are effective in controlling the diabetes. One teaspoon of fenugreek seeds soaked in water overnight should be consumed with milk on empty stomach daily.

http://way2medicare.blogspot.com/2013/07/home-remedies-for-diabetes.html

Does anyone here use fenugreek?

Why do you have to drink the milk with it?

I would really like to know why

pickledpepper2

I have experimented with fenugreek seeds, but not for blood sugar levels - rather cholesterol.

I used the soak method you mentioned above with water. I also used crushed seed powder which was very nasty tasting but I persevered for a bit.

Although it made me smell like maple syrup it did raise my HDL levels and seemed to keep my triglyceride levels on the low side.

I have no idea why milk is suggested above.

I vaguely recall reading that fenugreek (which is very high in fibre) slows the pace at which food digests in the stomach and may thus be an aid in helping to flatten out sugar spikes with carbs your body might rapidly process?

ARG Cape

Dislikes
Fast Food
glaxonia said:
fenugreek is definitely working for me...i even add some seeds in my black tea.

Sent from the Diabetes Forum App

Hi Glaxonia ... how do you make the tea? and how much seeds do you use .... and how often do you take it ... I have read you can also eat the seeds ater soaking ....

paruri

Type of diabetes
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
@ARG Cape got a different advice from an Indian herbal practitioner. I take 1 tsp of it after meal (3 times daily) in powdered form (with turmeric, curry leaves and cinnamon different ratios all of them but fenugreek is largest in qty) down it with water. Really helped with my BG levels too. I guess it works in any form

chri5

Type of diabetes
Type 2
Treatment type
Tablets (oral)
If you trawl the internet you will find a whole host of things that will "help to regulate" bg levels. Cider vinegar, karela, cinnamon, rhubarb, olive oil and coconut oil are just a few that spring to mind. If you find that any of these help you then that is good and you should keep on doing it, on a purely personal note however, I`ve tried all of the aforementioned and they have had no discernable affect so the only dietary supplement I now take is a pinch of salt. I feel it only fair to add that I have had great results with low carbing but that is a whole diet thing, plus the beneficial effects of weight loss rather than just one product. As I said though, if it works for you, go for it.

Reactions: 2 people